• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jaylew said:
I moved this from the Lesser Known Race Results thread:

The morale has got to be so high amongst the young guys. Learning from the best and all are still picking up their own results. Jakobsen, Cavagna, Hodeg, Narvaez, Schachmann, Mas, DePlus...

And perhaps later in the season when there is less one-day racing and more stage races we will see James Knox doing some nice results, he has spent the first races as a pro on the front for QS but he is a talented climber

Re: The Quickstep Thread

Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

That's an incredibly young team with some very exciting riders. On top of that, we'll get to see the prettiest national champion kit in the WT.

Pluske still not recovered I suppose...

Breh said:
Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

That's an incredibly young team with some very exciting riders. On top of that, we'll get to see the prettiest national champion kit in the WT.

I think you meant Jakobsen instead of good old Mørkøv :razz:

Kazistuta said:
Breh said:
Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

That's their team to Volta a Catalunya, no Jakobsen there. Sends only one rider older than 25 to a WT race, and watch them do incredibly good..

inCycle had exclusive behind the scenes access as team Quick-Step Floors take on the 109th Milan-San Remo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5ZDlgr-zc

After the race, Elia Viviani said "The entire team did a great race today, Julian and Max really rode their heart out in the closing kilometers. We tried to go for the victory and I had to do a long sprint, but my legs just didn't help after 300 tough kilometers."
Read more at http://www.quickstepfloorscycling.com/en/news/detail/milano-sanremo-bad-luck-ruins-gilbert-s-chances/3535#TLkdFteu3laEmUQd.99

Vroome.exe said:
Kazistuta said:
Breh said:
Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

That's their team to Volta a Catalunya, no Jakobsen there. Sends only one rider older than 25 to a WT race, and watch them do incredibly good..

That's what it is! I thought it was one of the races that had already been done at that time.
And 32 isn't that old...

RedheadDane said:
Vroome.exe said:
Kazistuta said:
Breh said:
Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

That's what it is! I thought it was one of the races that had already been done at that time.
And 32 isn't that old...

Well 32 usually is getting old for a pro athlete, although there are athletes who defy that. However, in any other areas 32 is not old.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Koronin said:
RedheadDane said:
Vroome.exe said:
Kazistuta said:
Breh said:
Schachmann (24)
Hodeg (21)
Morkov (32)
Mas (23)
Knox (22)
Jungels (25)
Narvaez(21)

And 32 isn't that old...

Well 32 usually is getting old for a pro athlete, although there are athletes who defy that. However, in any other areas 32 is not old.

Morkov is definitely a peloton veteran though. Good guy to have in with that group for leadership.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Ok, the hotsteppers are ripping everything apart this spring, but now the real test is coming: RVV and PR.

I don’t think they’ll loose RVV. Their leaders all really really want to win personally, I think, but at the same time they respect each other when one of them is up the road. They’re racing well imo. They’ll win RVV.
but monuments are different. I really doubt that gilbert will want to share leadership in ronde or roubaix. tersptra the same

portugal11 said:
Jspear said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Ok, the hotsteppers are ripping everything apart this spring, but now the real test is coming: RVV and PR.

I don’t think they’ll loose RVV. Their leaders all really really want to win personally, I think, but at the same time they respect each other when one of them is up the road. They’re racing well imo. They’ll win RVV.
but monuments are different. I really doubt that gilbert will want to share leadership in ronde or roubaix. tersptra the same

However, Gilbert has already said he's targeting Roubiax this year, so he may be more willing to share leadership at Ronde.

jaylew said:
Sestriere said:
Yesterday was their 20th win of the season, and the first by Belgian rider... That's a bit surprising for a Belgian team dominating the Belgian classics.
Interesting. Still, the only Belgian they have that actually wins anything is Gilbert. And I guess to a MUCH lesser degree, Lampaert.
Per wiki, I only count 7 Belgians on their 28 man roster, and of those DePlus still hasn’t raced since his crash at Lombardia.

Leinster said:
jaylew said:
Sestriere said:
Yesterday was their 20th win of the season, and the first by Belgian rider... That's a bit surprising for a Belgian team dominating the Belgian classics.
Interesting. Still, the only Belgian they have that actually wins anything is Gilbert. And I guess to a MUCH lesser degree, Lampaert.
Per wiki, I only count 7 Belgians on their 28 man roster, and of those DePlus still hasn’t raced since his crash at Lombardia.
Tbh, I wasn't really aware they only had seven Belgians. They are very much an international team with a Belgian license. Most of the young and talented Belgian riders make their way through one of the PCT teams or Lotto Soudal.

TRENDING THREADS