• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
I guess in reality Jungels can go to the Giro as their GC rider simply because it's not like the team has many of those. Plus you can ride the Giro for yourself and then go to the Tour as a domestique and be helpful. Although you can be assured Quickstep will have other goals besides GC for the the Giro and the Tour.

Yeah, but you cant be in form for a classics campaign in April, the Giro in May and the Tour in July. And from what I heard Jungels is planning on classics and Giro but no Tour this year.

Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
Koronin said:
I guess in reality Jungels can go to the Giro as their GC rider simply because it's not like the team has many of those. Plus you can ride the Giro for yourself and then go to the Tour as a domestique and be helpful. Although you can be assured Quickstep will have other goals besides GC for the the Giro and the Tour.

Yeah, but you cant be in form for a classics campaign in April, the Giro in May and the Tour in July. And from what I heard Jungels is planning on classics and Giro but no Tour this year.

Ask Valverde about that. He had a nice Spring campaign in 2016 (including winning Fleche Wallone), won a stage and finished on the podium at the Giro, then went to the Tour to try to help Quintana and finished 6th. Of course he then went to the Vuelta in an attempt to get a top 10 in all 3 GTs in one season and fell just a bit short of that. So yes you can do that, however, it's also more likely that very few riders can actually do that.

Koronin said:
Akuryo said:
Koronin said:

Ask Valverde about that. He had a nice Spring campaign in 2016 (including winning Fleche Wallone), won a stage and finished on the podium at the Giro, then went to the Tour to try to help Quintana and finished 6th. Of course he then went to the Vuelta in an attempt to get a top 10 in all 3 GTs in one season and fell just a bit short of that. So yes you can do that, however, it's also more likely that very few riders can actually do that.

You know very well that your darling is one of the very few riders who is capable of (kind of) holding his form from February to October.

Akuryo said:
Koronin said:
Akuryo said:
Koronin said:

You know very well that your darling is one of the very few riders who is capable of (kind of) holding his form from February to October.

Yes, he's an outlier, yet at the same time proves that it is possible even if rare.

Koronin said:
Akuryo said:
Koronin said:

If only Valverde does it, it's probably a bad idea to try yourself

GenericBoonenFan said:
Akuryo said:
How will he win without any support? Podium is possible since a lot of big names go to the Giro this year but you cant defend the yellow jersey with one guy as a helper.

Just follow the Sky train? He'll never miss a stop

Not as viable if Sky have two contenders. If a rider with no support is a serious threat they will alternately attack once he’s isolated, with remaining train doms sitting up. Taking a free ride on the train is a lot easier if the whole train is guaranteed to be setting up one rider.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Akuryo said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Akuryo said:
How will he win without any support? Podium is possible since a lot of big names go to the Giro this year but you cant defend the yellow jersey with one guy as a helper.

Yeah, Uran tried that way and got 2nd.
Uran was never in the yellow jersey.

Do you really think Sky would work/chase breaks when Mas has the jersey? They will probably have 4 people in the top 10 at that point and take turns attacking him. And I dont buy that "get the jersey on the last day" bs.

Akuryo said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Akuryo said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Akuryo said:

Yeah, Uran tried that way and got 2nd.
Uran was never in the yellow jersey.

Do you really think Sky would work/chase breaks when Mas has the jersey? They will probably have 4 people in the top 10 at that point and take turns attacking him. And I dont by that "get the jersey on the last day" bs.

4 man in the top 10? You're living in a Skytopia, man. Also if that means Sky will race attractively I'm down for that to happen.

Maybe I'm less optimistic on Mas but I don't think he will really chase the yellow jersey. I expect he will be happy to follow the train and aim for the podium.

Unless he is close going into the final few stages I think he will race conservatively

I haven't seen a statement about the Keisse incident yet. I wonder if he'll stay in the race? It's rather disappointing that it's a guy with so much experience as he doesn't have the excuse of being a young, immature guy. He's even rooming with Remco and supposed to be showing him the way to do things as a pro.

Re:

jaylew said:
I haven't seen a statement about the Keisse incident yet. I wonder if he'll stay in the race? It's rather disappointing that it's a guy with so much experience as he doesn't have the excuse of being a young, immature guy. He's even rooming with Remco and supposed to be showing him the way to do things as a pro.

That's why they picked the one guy at D-QS with Clinic experience as Remco's roommate...

Re:

jaylew said:
He cracked a joke, nowadays people get butthurt about everything. Best to do is just shut up about it. That's it.

GenericBoonenFan said:
jaylew said:
He cracked a joke, nowadays people get butthurt about everything. Best to do is just shut up about it. That's it.
Even if he actually rubbed against her with his junk as she alleged? And even if he didn't, it's 2019. He's in a kit representing his team and sponsors. That's the kind of "joke" that you'd think would happen after several drinks which I assume wasn't the case here.

jaylew said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
jaylew said:
Even if he actually rubbed against her with his junk as she alleged? And even if he didn't, it's 2019. He's in a kit representing his team and sponsors. That's the kind of "joke" that you'd think would happen after several drinks which I assume wasn't the case here.

Not to mention the fact that a joke - especially a practical joke like this - is only a joke when all the people involved think it's funny. She clearly didn't, so... no joke.

RedheadDane said:
jaylew said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
jaylew said:

Not to mention the fact that a joke - especially a practical joke like this - is only a joke when all the people involved think it's funny. She clearly didn't, so... no joke.

Not at all the definition of a joke mate.

Caption this image:

bettiniphoto_0371410_1_originali_1_670.jpg

I'm a better leadout man than Renshaw.

TRENDING THREADS