• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hopefully unlimited amounts of silicone to spray into Lefevre's mouth so we never have to hear his *** again
They also make glue...

ps: regarding the sprint today: sprinters are overrated. Just sign for the minimum wage at Quickstep and make sure you'll get big bonuses for each win. At the end of the season, you'll have a rack full of trofees and a big salary.

I mean they are putting out quite a bit of Youtube content these days.

Other than that, I really start to wonder how much of Quicksteps succes over the last years has to do with Lefevre running that team or rather a great team around/just underneath Lefevre running the ship succesfuly despite Lefevre. After all Quickstep was a fairly mediocre team 10 years ago until HTC collapsed and they picked up a lot of their staff and those pushed them to modernize and adapt to modern cycling.
I'm not necessarily a big Pati LeFlave-Flave fan, but the dude has pumped out winners for 30 years (you'll have to google/wiki check me because I don't remember exact years. but MG, then Mapei (which became all of the QS teams)). Have there been some 'lower' times, sure, but show me a team that doesn't have ups and downs over a long period. He definitely tired to keep the old ways longer than many of his peers though.

EDIT: I see your addendum above, and understand your assertion more now. I'm just catching up on this thread since its a rest day! :)

Last edited:
really?

That's 22 consecutive years leading the team ranking.

Let that sink in.
As if that's not enough, he was the DS at MG before that.

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
What's Cavendish's salary now?
I think the sponsors and Quickstep will be writing some huge bonus checks
If he wins a couple more stages it could be 5M Euros or more in bonuses
Isn't Cavendish paying his own way? Or at least has convinced a sponsor outside of Quickstep to pay his salary while he races this year? Like joining the team but not drawing a salary from team sponsors?

Isn't Cavendish paying his own way? Or at least has convinced a sponsor outside of Quickstep to pay his salary while he races this year? Like joining the team but not drawing a salary from team sponsors?
I think one of Lefevere’s columns a while back said Cav was on a very low salary, but with very healthy win bonuses. There was some reading-between-lines that hinted that the renegotiation Cav wanted was because the original contract didn’t consider the possibility of him riding the Tour.

Reactions: Sandisfan
really?

That's 22 consecutive years leading the team ranking.

Let that sink in.

Lol, it's a glitch. You can do the same for Rabobank and see how they were supposedly 2nd each year because Jumbo-Visma is 2nd now.

Lol, it's a glitch. You can do the same for Rabobank and see how they were supposedly 2nd each year because Jumbo-Visma is 2nd now.
And a bit meaningless to go back and list the years without Lefevere.

In the first five years of the WT(/PT) from 2005 to 2009 they were consistently a top-5 team (CQ), but in 2010 they were 17th and in 2011 16th. Quite mediocre -- and then the magic of 2012 happened, and they have been flying ever since.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts