• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't believe he came out with that stuff, even for him calling someone "the pinnacle of mental weakness" is OTT, and then adding the completely unnecessary domestic abuse comparison takes it into pretty ugly territory.

Plus talking about the mental weaknesses which are not as bad as in Bennett but in the end also there, if I understand the argument correctly, in Cavagna and Declercq.

People should actually read what he wrote instead of reading headlines
"Leaving Bora and moaning to everybody about how he was ‘bullied’ and almost broke and depressed. Only to return fourteen months later. It’s the same as women who still return home after domestic abuse."

That's quoted in the article. So I gotta assume he wrote that. Can't see any difference with the headline.

Reactions: jmdirt
Can't believe he came out with that stuff, even for him calling someone "the pinnacle of mental weakness" is OTT, and then adding the completely unnecessary domestic abuse comparison takes it into pretty ugly territory.
Hope Bennet will beat every single DQS sprinter who'll race against him next season :) Let's see PL's mental state after the 10th consecutive loss against Sam :D

Oh behave. Sprinters have come and gone from quick step without an issue. Viviani is apparently desperate to go back. Look at the wonders they have done for cav (a rider who has suffered mental health issues in the past). Yet Bennett seems to be the odd one out. Maybe, just, maybe, Bennett hasn’t behaved all that well towards quickstep this season. It takes two to tango

Oh behave. Sprinters have come and gone from quick step without an issue. Viviani is apparently desperate to go back. Look at the wonders they have done for cav (a rider who has suffered mental health issues in the past). Yet Bennett seems to be the odd one out. Maybe, just, maybe, Bennett hasn’t behaved all that well towards quickstep this season. It takes two to tango
I don’t think any have left after a year though after leaving a team before that didn’t give him the leadership and respect he wanted. We have no idea how their relationship deteriorated to this point.
But there’s also no reason to attack each other in public. Bennett hasn’t attacked him or the team in the public eye.

“I’ve never had mentally unstable riders in my team, but there were definitely ‘special ones’. Rémi Cavagna is not a nervous guy - his hobby is fishing - but sometimes stress gets to him. Some people say that Remco Evenepoel can’t handle a bike, but in the beginning, Rémi was afraid to take a bottle or even raise his hands when he won. It’s all between the ears. Tim Declercq is a really intelligent guy, but he ‘choked’ when he has to ride for himself,” Lefevere wrote.

Is this for real? Unreal.

Go home & get some sleep Patrick, i.e. you're drunk.

But in all seriousness, unless the money is really good I don't see why anyone would want to sign for DQS anymore. Getting slandered in the media by your own boss is probably not the best thing when you're a professional bike rider.

this is an extremely stupid remark and you should feel embarrassed by it.

Man, this is sad to see. I used to defend him, thinking he was mostly a standup guy with some huge character flaws, but maybe it's time he got an official warning. This has got to stop.
Thing is Bennett has just being sitting there quietly it's not like there has been an escalating war of words.
The stupid f**& just can't stop bringing it up and his comments get more and more disgusting each time

The man’s oafish petulance knows no bounds.

This latest outburst is deliberately timed to overshadow Bora’s signing announcement. So he again attempts to publicly humiliate one of his team’s riders and in the process makes an unpleasant remark about domestic violence victims, is cruel about people with mental health issues and casually undermines two other riders on his team.

Lefevere is a cunning negotiator. He is not stupid or out of touch. He knows exactly what he is doing. Being the absolute ruler of a little domain isn’t good for anyone’s personality in the long term. It creates child despots, unable to cope with being thwarted without lashing out.

TRENDING THREADS