• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gay Enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I heard on the radio today, or yesterday, about the announcement of an openly gay bishop in USA. Apparently, there was some dissent from some over his appointment.

I was kind of thinking about this and wondering why the church is against homosexuality. I figured it must trace back to the Old Testament and references to Sodom, etc. Then ... it occured to me that even back then, at the dawn of documenting society, there existed homosexual people. Doesn't that imply that it just happens to be a facet of the human condition. Something which has always been there for at least as long as people have been recording "history" ?

I can understand why early civilisations would want to encourage procreation and hence discourage homosexuality, but nowadays ? I would have hoped that a responsible, enlightened and intelligent church would exercise some discretion in the application of certain rules, in the same way they have with others.

A

Anonymous

cos religion is racist, prejudiced and stuck in 900bc?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Tranquil said:
I heard on the radio today, or yesterday, about the announcement of an openly gay bishop in USA. Apparently, there was some dissent from some over his appointment.

I was kind of thinking about this and wondering why the church is against homosexuality. I figured it must trace back to the Old Testament and references to Sodom, etc. Then ... it occured to me that even back then, at the dawn of documenting society, there existed homosexual people. Doesn't that imply that it just happens to be a facet of the human condition. Something which has always been there for at least as long as people have been recording "history" ?

I can understand why early civilisations would want to encourage procreation and hence discourage homosexuality, but nowadays ? I would have hoped that a responsible, enlightened and intelligent church would exercise some discretion in the application of certain rules, in the same way they have with others.

Because big religions survive on tithing by the faithful. The more faithful the better.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The same part of the bible that says dudes should not sleep with other dudes also says we shouldn't eat pork or shellfish. Anyone who s against Bacon or Lobster clearly does not speak for me.

Not only has homosexuality been part of every society for centuries it has also been part of every species forever. There are gay birds, monkeys, apes, etc.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I distrust all organized religions, don't mind gay people as long as they leave me alone.
I got a bad feeling about this thread, though.

Hay Saylor!

richard-simmons.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.