• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 157 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the original plans of a couple of years ago relegated WT teams would get 1 year of auto invitation as well. Not sure if that still applies.

now that you say it, I remember reading sth like that back then as well, but it's not in the rules. In contrary, for the "best UCI ProTeams" wildcard ranking "teams registered as UCI ProTeam or UCI WorldTeam during the previous season are taken into consideration", so relegated teams need to earn their spot as well

just read an interview with Guercilena from Trek, and he also said "the first to be relegated remains in the WorldTour circuit as a wildcard for one season" - but as mentioned above, I really see no indication for that at all in the rules.

Reactions: postmanhat
The fact is that he has struggled in Europe in 2022 - And you comparing him to Groves.
You have to take into account that thanks to Covid it’s taken Quick longer to get a chance to race a full overseas calendar, he barely raced locally or overseas in both 2020/2021 which has obviously halted is development to a degree. Make no mistake he is very talented and will be snapped up by a WT squad in the near future.

Carapaz to EF, according to VN.
I am a bit surprised but I like the move. It would have been difficult to have no. 1 status moving forward at Ineos for the Giro and maybe others ? Now he can and have Hugh Carthy et al at his disposal. I believe EF Mgmt gave Rigo more than enough years to prove himself and he has not turned into a winner but an eternal "also ran." Carapaz will bring life to EF as they need an infusion of "winning pedigree" in their riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I am a bit surprised but I like the move. It would have been difficult to have no. 1 status moving forward at Ineos for the Giro and maybe others ? Now he can and have Hugh Carthy et al at his disposal. I believe EF Mgmt gave Rigo more than enough years to prove himself and he has not turned into a winner but an eternal "also ran." Carapaz will bring life to EF as they need an infusion of "winning pedigree" in their riders.

I think that if you asked anyone at what is now EF (previous incarnations of slipstream), they would tell you they are quite happy with their returns on their investment in Uran. While he never won a GT, he has finished on the podium of the TDF, and has a huge fan base in South America. I would venture to guess he was also a big factor in EF being able to sign the likes of Carapaz, Dani Martinez and Higuita over the years.

Jan Hirt to Quickstep according to Jose Been who then went onto say that BORA are only concentrating on Sam Bennett and sprints at the Tour de France. So, as much as I would like QS to sign him, it's probably bollocks.
this was the (first) source, talking about Hirt and Malucelli going to QS for the next seasons.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Best for Hirt would have probably been to stay at Intermarché for own opportunities. Maybe they didnt offer him anything though. They will probably build the team around Girmay instead, cant blame them for that. But not room for an aging climber/decent GC-rider if they will be more sprint and classics oriented. After his season he probably dont lack offers, but at QS he will most likely fall into a domestic role.