• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kern Pharma 2021

Plantilla Equipo Kern Pharma 2021

Roger Adrià (18/04/1998, Barcelona)
Jon Agirre (10/09/1997, Zumaia)
Sergio Araiz (29/04/1998, Ayegui)
Urko Berrade (28/11/1997, Pamplona)
Jaime Castrillo (13/03/1996, Jaca)
Kiko Galván (01/12/1997, Lliça d’Amunt)
Carlos García Pierna (23/07/1999, Tres Cantos)
Raúl García Pierna (23/02/2001, Tres Cantos)
Jordi López (14/08/1998, Badalona)
Diego López Fuentes (09/12/1997, Ayegui)
Martí Márquez (09/02/1996, Llinars del Vallès)
Daniel Méndez (02/06/2000, Bogotá)
Iván Moreno (27/05/1996, Castellón)
Savva Novikov (27/07/1999, Tula)
José Félix Parra (16/01/1997, Ossa de Montiel)
Vojtěch Řepa (14/08/2000, Velká Bíteš)
Ibon Ruiz (30/01/1999, Vitoria)
Enrique Sanz (11/09/1989, Orkoien)

might be 2 more places....

Reactions: Sandisfan
Mathias Vacek and Pavel Kochetkov to Gazprom.
The former is another one who is skipping the U23 ranks and turning pro right away. I'm not a fan of that trend, but at least it's a PCT team and he seems to be more well rounded than his older brother. Karel always had his insane acceleration/punch uphill, Mathias is a top TTer and also has a pretty good sprint.

That list probably doesn' mean much. Riders were free to sign elsewhere and Battistella and Sobrero are strongly rumoured to Astana. On the other hand, there's so few good riders left on the market that I expect the team to re-sign pretty much everyone who is still without contract should they survive.
According to Martinelli Battistella has already signed and Sobrero was pretty much a done deal, no Idea whats gonna happen with Sobrero now.

Last edited:
I don't really understand. Why does UAE need improvements so desperately? Pogacar won the Tour practically without a team. It cost him in the crosswinds (but mostly because of an unfortunate mechanical just before, if I remember correctly). He still won very clearly against a JV team that I can't see getting much better. Ineos does not have a perfect rider for next year's Tour. And Uae as a team should be better next year with uncrashed riders and Majka. Sounds good enough for me, unless Evenepoel is evenepoeling le Tour. For JV it will be very hard to get rid of Pogacar, as Pogacar as a rider type is so similar to Roglic. Unless they play the multiple leader cards right. But then de la Cruz and Majka should be good enough as helpers.

Tbf, that Jumbo team likely replaces Jansen with Kruijswijk which is a massive improvement for the mountains. Never mind that Bennett was suffering with injuries and Dumoulin is still not back to his best. That team gets massively stronger when all on form. Course, Roglic will be the determining point, more strength for the team this year wouldn't really have mattered unless Kruijswijk or Dumoulin are also strong enough to play the team card.

UAEs team should still be strong enough though, you can't compete with Jumbos full team no matter what they do. We're I'd be worried with their team is if they have to defend the jersey, they don't have the flat land bodies imo. Going upwards, Majka and De La Cruz in particular are big helps, and McNulty and Formolo can also be. Trentin and Kristoff are probably their best flat land guys but I don't really think they have the same legs as Martin/Gesink/WVA or Rowe and Dennis/Ganna will be.

We're I'd be worried with their team is if they have to defend the jersey, they don't have the flat land bodies imo.
But how hard is that really? Last year QuickStep defended the jersey almost the entire tour with Viviani and Richeze pulling the peloton in the lower mountains/climbs. If Viviani and Richeze can pull a lot even in some hillier areas defending the jersey, I have no doubt Marcato/Laengen etc can be more than good enough "flat land bodies"

Will Barta is on his way to EF according to rumours.
As always EF sooner or later ends up picking up virtually every single of these Americans who have shown at least some promise at some point of their careers only to find out they stagnate later.

Barta could be a good domestique if he performs as well as during last Vuelta. Hopefully the trend of underperforming Americans will break at some point.

• Wow