• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux confirmed the signing of Dutch rider Taco Van der Hoorn for the 2021 season on Saturday. The 27-year-old was due to sign with the Beat Cycling Club but cancelled the deal to remain in the WorldTour after leaving Jumbo-Visma.

Dec 22, 2020
Visit site
I don't know, don't think any of them have offers but they should have. Results this year does not really reflect how solid Eriksson is. Quaade is so strong in all kinds of races and is such a great person. In August he improvised a trip to the cape at the furthest north geographical point in Europe and wrote a great diary: View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CB8DeMjnNvd/
I agree that Lucas is a really solid rider and if you look at the result he have done last 4 years and the rider around him in the result list almost every have contract in a WT team.The discussion about EF that they want a swedish rider I think it is really ............... from the team leader to calm down the swedish sponsor. I have not see any contract on PCS for the Swedish rider 2021, What happens ? and EF have the possibility to sign him 2018.2019 and show the swedish Jersey for two years. I also wonder why so many team signs old rider? look for example NTT team signs 7 riders which is older than 30 years. I think the team need to give younger rider a chance and I mean not rider between 18-20 because a lot of the team signs riders between 18-20 or 30-35 years not so many between 20-25 years.

I agree that Lucas is a really solid rider and if you look at the result he have done last 4 years and the rider around him in the result list almost every have contract in a WT team.The discussion about EF that they want a swedish rider I think it is really ............... from the team leader to calm down the swedish sponsor. I have not see any contract on PCS for the Swedish rider 2021, What happens ? and EF have the possibility to sign him 2018.2019 and show the swedish Jersey for two years. I also wonder why so many team signs old rider? look for example NTT team signs 7 riders which is older than 30 years. I think the team need to give younger rider a chance and I mean not rider between 18-20 because a lot of the team signs riders between 18-20 or 30-35 years not so many between 20-25 years.

Wonder if he sent his resume to Movistar? He fits in their rebuild mold of under 26 and not of a nationality already on the team (that isn't Spanish). I get the idea of a team keeping a core group together that has done well even after they are all over 30, but then eventually you end up with the situation Movistar found it's self in last year when they went into an almost full rebuild. Why some teams keep signing riders over 30 and don't look at riders who are in their mid 20's is beyond me.

Wonder if he sent his resume to Movistar? He fits in their rebuild mold of under 26 and not of a nationality already on the team (that isn't Spanish). I get the idea of a team keeping a core group together that has done well even after they are all over 30, but then eventually you end up with the situation Movistar found it's self in last year when they went into an almost full rebuild. Why some teams keep signing riders over 30 and don't look at riders who are in their mid 20's is beyond me.

Well it's not like football where the team's result matters most. If you're a 35 year old with 12 wins in the season, you're a hot property in the transfer market because it's such a precarious and transitory business and a team can use wins no matter who from. What % of a team's roster are the core in-house guys like Tankink/Rowe/Puccio/Keisse? 1/6 to 1/3, I would guess.

Well it's not like football where the team's result matters most. If you're a 35 year old with 12 wins in the season, you're a hot property in the transfer market because it's such a precarious and transitory business and a team can use wins no matter who from. What % of a team's roster are the core in-house guys like Tankink/Rowe/Puccio/Keisse? 1/6 to 1/3, I would guess.

I look at re-signing your own riders differently than bringing riders from the outside.

TRENDING THREADS