• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Former Spanish XC skier Marti Vigo del Arco to Androni.
22years old and he only started cycling 1.5 years ago.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...i-vigo-scommessa-di-savio-androni-marti-vigo-
Apparently his test results (he did one with Patxi Vila) are outstanding, he's coached by Fondriest (who has coached Moscon, Paternoster and Conci in the u23 ranks) and Paolo Alberati.
Numbers aside, having picked up cycling so late, I would assume he will crash a few times here and there. Probably just riding in the peloton might be an issue. Let's hope Savio is right on him.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Turning skiiers into cyclists is so mainstream nowadays.

You know where the really hidden gems lie? Snoooker. A team with Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Mark Williams and Kyren Wilson would really kill it on descents, reading angles and anticipating turns better than Savoldelli himself.

Come on Savio, do it, for goodness' sake.

And now I'm imagining riders constantly riding into each other, and being sent in new directions.

Thank you... thank you very much...

We need to turn more cyclists into skiers rather than vice versa, it might give XC skiing a chance to survive all of its talent turning to biathlon for better exposure and better chances of success, which seems to be the case in pretty much all countries other than Norway, Finland, the USA and Russia.
Well, there are also biathletes who turn into cyclists. Florian Lipowitz of Tirol was a very talented prospect who has shifted to cycling full time for a year now.

Turning skiiers into cyclists is so mainstream nowadays.

You know where the really hidden gems lie? Snoooker. A team with Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Mark Williams and Kyren Wilson would really kill it on descents, reading angles and anticipating turns better than Savoldelli himself.

Come on Savio, do it, for goodness' sake.

Keep Barry Hearn out of cycling please!

We could make cyclists into snooker players instead. LRP would of course be the clear favourite for a revivial of the Australian Open.
The Manx Missile is already an appropriate player nickname, if Cav is up for it.

• Haha
Well, there are also biathletes who turn into cyclists. Florian Lipowitz of Tirol was a very talented prospect who has shifted to cycling full time for a year now.
Ah, didn't realise they were one and the same. Halvor Landmark Tandrevold, brother of Ingrid, has been on the Norwegian domestic scene for a bit, and Benjamí Prades, Edu's older brother, who was on the biathlon circuit in his 20s, and now has a niche for himself riding over in Japan.

Ah, didn't realise they were one and the same. Halvor Landmark Tandrevold, brother of Ingrid, has been on the Norwegian domestic scene for a bit, and Benjamí Prades, Edu's older brother, who was on the biathlon circuit in his 20s, and now has a niche for himself riding over in Japan.
From what I've heard the money is pretty good in Japan (better than riding for most non-French pct teams). They expect you to have your own coach and to show up in shape, but apparently it's not a bad deal.

From what I've heard the money is pretty good in Japan (better than riding for most non-French pct teams). They expect you to have your own coach and to show up in shape, but apparently it's not a bad deal.
Yea, there's a pretty decent scene there, a few .1 and .2 races plus a good few .NE events, mass start hillclimbs and the like. Plus the opportunity to do a Euro tour or two, as Matrix-Powertag and Team Ukyo have both travelled across to Europe and done some of the Spanish and Portuguese domestic calendar thanks to connections. Quite a strong French and even more so Spanish community of pros out there. People like Prades who are late converts to the sport can make a decent living compared to if he was racing domestic cycling in Spain, as he'd likely be of little interest to the ProConti teams and the Spanish Continental teams are either developmental level or low-budget pack fodder little stronger than the likes of Telco'm or Supermercados Froiz. For riders who feel themselves too old to get the step up, it's a viable route especially if you have some contacts out there. Somebody like José Vicente Toribio has been over there almost a decade now, Marcos García is approaching that. And if you're young enough and go well enough, you can make the step up to ProConti anyway, like Edu Prades or Ion Aberasturi.

Can you repeat who is handing over leadership to whom one more time? I didn't quite get it the first five times.

López had a horrid TT in the Tour but that was an abnormality and he would under normal circumstances have finished above Mas on GC. Plus he beat Roglic and Pogacar on Col de la Loze. Plus he has a cooler nickname. Plus his worst ever GC result is 7th in a Grand Tour.
Head to Head: Mas has beaten Lopez the last two GTs both were contesting. Mas is usually a very good TT rider, where Lopez is sometimes decent but usually pretty bad. Lopez is more explosive on the climbs but isn’t necessarily a better climber either.

Reactions: Koronin
I would! He's off to Androni.

Sorry, I meant the other eritrean, Mulubrhan. I think I got it right now.

Regarding announcements, Cyclingnews published a week ago an interview with Michaelsen and, unless I got it wrong, he confirmed the three South African riders were staying.

It's weird but currently the most exciting thing about cycling is the final roster of Qhubeka and where will Aru continue his downward spiral.

Superman rides with panache, but his explosiveness in the mountains comes with the costs of stability in GTs. In peak condition and in one of the lesser GTs Mas can excel (hello 20th stage of 2018-Vuelta), but against top contenders he’d reduced to Mollemaesque hanging by his Teeth.

Superman is a more exciting rider, with a higher ceiling. He has been hammered by crashes and not being great at time trialling. He is a raw talent.

Mas is more consistent and defends himself well, but he does not have a winning weapon. He is not one of the best climbers. He is not the worst ITT-guy. Slows and steady wins the race though, while others fall out. He could have a big race sometime in the future or forever coming close.

Both are still relatively young when it comes to cycling and hopefully has their best years right ahead of them.

TRENDING THREADS