• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 225 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think it's applicable here. Last year, he was third in Emilia and top 10 in the Giro. He isn't much below his best level (at least not last year).

You could be right of course (and apart form Pozzovivo's case, I definitely don't disagree particularly with you here).
Yeah, compared to the rest of their retirement home on 2 wheels he's one of their best riders. Teuns, Nizzolo and potentially Fuglsang & Woods are really the only ones who can get better results than him for them. Plus he's probably not on a big contract, for them it's a nice deal.

I don't think it's applicable here. Last year, he was third in Emilia and top 10 in the Giro. He isn't much below his best level (at least not last year).

You could be right of course (and apart form Pozzovivo's case, I definitely don't disagree particularly with you here).
It's not even necessarily that bad, Pozzovivo's clearly still a smart and strong rider, it's just that they're already the oldest team around there, and their moves make them older. Some of the players the Penguins traded for were still good players, but it didn't stop the team from responding to the need to freshen up the team by making changes that resulted in them becoming even older than they already were. Players who will never be at as high a value again because their age means they will naturally decline. Buying high, selling low. At least Pozzovivo's at a point in his career where they're probably buying low as well, making it a no-risk purchase, just one that perpetuates the theme of the team as a retirement home.

Reactions: Sandisfan
According to the UCI page, Nicolò Buratti (Friuli) joins Bahrain Victorious on from now.

He replaces Heinrich Haussler, who is not part of the team anymore. No idea what happened to him
Buratti already had a deal with Bahrain for 2024, so no surprises there. The first of many since Friuli was integrated into Merida and became an affiliation of Bahrain (Miholjevic notwithstanding due to daddy connections). Alberto Bruttomesso will follow soon after. And I reckon they're all over Sivok too.

According to the UCI page, Nicolò Buratti (Friuli) joins Bahrain Victorious on from now.

He replaces Heinrich Haussler, who is not part of the team anymore. No idea what happened to him
Haussler retires, effectively as of World Champs last year, officially as of today: should be transitioning to DS role at Bahrain.

But not sure what has been the issue for the last 6 months. Cardiac screening in December threw up inconsistencies: too risky to continue. according to TBV site

Haussler retires, effectively as of World Champs last year, officially as of today: should be transitioning to DS role at Bahrain.

But not sure what has been the issue for the last 6 months. Cardiac screening in December threw up inconsistencies: too risky to continue. according to TBV site

Huh.

After colbrelli.

Wtf is in the food at Bahrain I wonder.

• Wow
Buratti already had a deal with Bahrain for 2024, so no surprises there. The first of many since Friuli was integrated into Merida and became an affiliation of Bahrain (Miholjevic notwithstanding due to daddy connections). Alberto Bruttomesso will follow soon after. And I reckon they're all over Sivok too.
Bruratti had a strong 2nd half of the season last year, winning multiple Italian one day races with a strong international fied and finishing 3th on the Zoncolan mtf in the Giro del Friuli, before winning the final stage with a late attack one day later. Besides Fran he was clearly the best rider on team Friuli last season. Also 2nd in the u23 G-W this season already, winning the sprint from the small group behind Gelders. Happy for him, talented guy.

Transfer predictions:

Kobe Goossens - Quick Step
Pavel Sivakov - Quick Step
Alberto Bettiol - UAE
Edoardo Affini - UAE
Fabio Jakobsen - Bora
Matteo Jorgenson - Trek
Olav Kooij - DSM
Andreas Leknessund - Jumbo
Tobias Foss - Uno X
Jonathan Milan - Ineos
Apparently Trek is terminating Tiberi's contract and both Astana and DSM are interested in signing him (according to Italian cycling media)

Who's the biggest fish out of contract anyway? All the talk about Alaphilippe being *** by Lefevere made me think he was out of contract but he has another year I see.

Geraint Thomas? Jakobsen?
Quintana?

clueless-aware.gif

TRENDING THREADS