• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 233 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, it's a guy from Widars management agency saying that there is indeed a good possibility he signs with Lotto, and it's possible that he will be pro in 2024 already. Nothing is signed and they are still talking.

The tweet is making it out like it has been confirmed and it's a done deal, which it isn't (yet).

They are signing Paul Magnier, big French talent.
Quick-Step have Remco on a long deal + Tim Merlier. They're covered for the next 3 years regarding Belgian talent I would say.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Uno-X is rumoured to have signed or be in competition to sign Magnus Cort from next season, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. His current contract with EF ends after this season.

https://www.tv2.no/direkte/0nr51/sportsdognet-live/646cc26482c9c280cf74473a

View: https://twitter.com/cirogazzetta/status/1660984008166068224

https://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/cort_rygtes_til_uno-x/
Wow, if Healy and Cort both leave the cupboard is going to be pretty bare at EF

• Sad
In Wine-terms one would say this year is a grand cru, which can't possibly be bettered by them. It would make sense for some established riders to leave and use the upcoming year to (re)build new squads to score big again. If JV is smart (which I doubt since he likes to throw mud on twitter) he would do this. Definitely now the WT-3 year cycle is a thing.

They have Carapaz and Powless on long term contracts, which most people would have said were their 2 most valuable riders just 2 months ago.

Healy's breakthrough has always meant they were going to lose someone important in the next transfer window. They will find a way to reinvent themselves, like they have done previously, after losing Dan Martin and Hesjedal after 2015, or Higuita, Martinez and Woods after 2020/2021.

In Wine-terms one would say this year is a grand cru, which can't possibly be bettered by them. It would make sense for some established riders to leave and use the upcoming year to (re)build new squads to score big again. If JV is smart (which I doubt since he likes to throw mud on twitter) he would do this. Definitely now the WT-3 year cycle is a thing.

They are getting so many points this year so that they have 2 years time to build up again. Definitely doesn't need to be super bad if they're losing them. Just look at DSM last cycle. One top season and then they were complete shiit 2 seasons and they still stayed in. And with EF still having a couple of really good riders they will never be as bad as DSM was.

EF fans should just really enjoy this season. For a team with a mediocre budget they're doing really good.

Last edited:
They are getting so many points this year so that they have 2 years time to build up again. Definitely doesn't need to be super bad if they're losing them. Just look at DSM last cycle. One top season and they they were complete shiit 2 seasons and they still stayed in. And with EF still having a couple of really good riders they will never be as bad as DSM was.

EF fans should just really enjoy this season. For a team with a mediocre budget they're doing really good.
And hopefully more good stuff to come

Nieuwsblad now also talking about Jarno Widar skipping the u23 category and going pro with Lotto Dstny in 2024. Well, I don't think it matters that much, he will still ride more with their DEVO team than with the pro's probably. Lotto probably really needed to make him pro immediately to sign him.

Climbers. But not too many is available this season. De Plus would be realistic and ideal.
Good climbers ain't cheap, Lefevre won't be too happy. Konrad could be an option for them, since he already rode on their u23 team back in the day (alongside Ala). Fabbro is a guy who's a good climber when he's on, also capable on hilly terrain and probably not too expensive.

Yeah, but is Lefevre willing to actually pay enough money for top level climbing domestiques? If someone offers Van Wilder a big contract after this Giro they might have a problem...
Well, in case of Van Wilder, i know he really wants to stay, and the team really wants him to stay, negotiations are close to finished. But i understand what you mean.
I don't know exactly how much more money Soudal is forking up and if that might make a real difference, but they already have Vervaeke, Vansevenant, Serry, Cattaneo... the need for 1 more top level domestique is much larger than for 2 or 3 good allround domestiques that climb well imho.

Well, in case of Van Wilder, i know he really wants to stay, and the team really wants him to stay, negotiations are close to finished. But i understand what you mean.
I don't know exactly how much more money Soudal is forking up and if that might make a real difference, but they already have Vervaeke, Vansevenant, Serry, Cattaneo... the need for 1 more top level domestique is much larger than for 2 or 3 good allround domestiques that climb well imho.
That's exactly what Lefevere has been saying. They are looking to sign one top notch climbing domestique this season to strengthen the core team around Remco, not more.

I would love it if that would be De Plus.

TRENDING THREADS