• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Natnael Tesfazion ex NTT Dev Team to Androni
That's a good signing, he was one of the best riders in the first Italian u23 races after the lockdown break.
Meanwhile Androni also signed Sepulveda, that's a really solid signing for a pct team.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...-sidermec-eduardo-sepulveda-sepulveda-androni
In a recent interview Aru said that he has multiple offers, he'll announce his new team at the end of the month.
Source: https://www.oasport.it/2020/11/fabi...arrivate-su-internet-leggo-solo-cavolate/amp/

Dillier & Frankiny are leaving AG2R & FDJ, respectively. Weird that Silvan doesn't have a contract yet.

Dillier is now confirmed to join Alpecin

Does anyone have any insigt what Ineos are doing with their last places ?
I count 8 riders (from PCS) still without a contract and 25 spots taken.
Someone has to loose out ?

Hart, Ganna and maybe Narvaez are due a raise.

I heard Moscon and Ganna rumoured to UAE ?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Wanty is really trying to sign Kwiato btw, and apparently they are contemplaining wether or not to sign Moscon...
From what I've heard Wanty, Alpecin and Astana are the main teams interested in Moscon.
About Ganna going back to UAE, it would be a big surprise. Ineos is the best team when it comes to allowing him to ride Track on the side and with the Olympics that's super important to him. Both Ineos and the Italian NT ride on Pinarello bikes and Saronni talked some bs when he signed with Ineos ("he didn't live up to the expectations").
Pozzovivo and Aru to Gazprom, that would be a scary strong pct team, imagine the team they could send to the Giro: Zaka, Pozzovivo, Aru, Cherkasov, Velasco, Canola and 2 more Russians, that's better than the teams that a few of the WT teams usually bring to the Giro.

I think Laengen is solid too.

Trentin is joining for next year, if he will be a loyal helper to Pogacar, then Pogacar can have a very well rounded team.

According to PCS, Laengen or Marcato aren't on their team.

If they got Ganna, that'd be great for them. Outside him, likes of Boassen Hagen would be good with his experience, maybe someone like Kreuziger would be handy like Gesink for Jumbo, Lutsenko would be higher priced but excellent for them. Someone like Campanaerts would be good too.

Climbing wise, I think they have enough help for Pogacar, and even to go for other GTs. Majka for the Giro and dom for the Tour, and someone like De La Cruz or McNulty getting the vuelta but dom the Tour. Conti, Covi, Gaviria, Ullissi, Costa, Richeze, Majka, Dombrowski I guess will all go to the Giro

Last edited:
Kwiato to Wanty makes a lot of sense to me.
They've been primarily focused on one day races for a long time and they're stepping up to WT next year.
A big name for the WT Belgian classics is surely needed + going to the Tour with Kwiatkowski sounds a lot better than going with Pasqualon, Van Poppel and Meurisse (all very solid riders, but unlikely to win at WT level).

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
I think it would be good for cycling if Wanty signed Kwiatkowski because they have very few options for big results and it's never a good thing to have a WT team without big riders.

I don't doubt it would be a good signing for Wanty. Actually their team does not look bad so far. (With teams like Wanty and Alpecin stepping up others like Movistar and Lotto could be under pressure if they don't get results.) I am just wondering whether it could be a good decision for Kwiatkowski. Could be good, if he earned a lot and gets the freedom he doesn't have at Ineos. On the other hand I don't think Wanty is strong enough to properly support him and then it could also be a silent ending to his career. These cases where one established top rider is supposed to lift up a minor team often don't work out.
I just wish him the best.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Dillier is now confirmed to join Alpecin

Alpecin is shaping up to be perhaps by far the most capable PCT team since they days of BMC, Cervelo and Geox.

Reactions: yaco
Looks like Astana will be known as Astana-Premiertech. Premiertech stepping in as lead sponsor with a 50/50 budget for 2021.
Steve Bauer also joinings management team and Ben Perry ex Israel Academy Continental joining as the Canadian influence.
De Bod, Romo , Sobrero and Battistella are also looking like the the additional riders.
Lutsenko and Vlasov to stay.
Superman MAL to leave, maybe ?
Stev Bauer and Vino?!?!? This will end about as well as the Riis and Tinkov Co-existence.

Alpecin is shaping up to be perhaps by far the most capable PCT team since they days of BMC, Cervelo and Geox.

The guaranteed wild card system has made super-pro-conti a viable business model again. Spend money on better riders than other PCT teams and you can guarantee access to all the races you want while you can save money on a WT licence and avoid participating in low value races that are obligatory for the WT.

TRENDING THREADS