• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What? What? WHAT? Wasn't he supposed to be joining Felix Grossschartner at Bora? :p
Don't worry, nothing will beat Androni's 2010 roster.
bert.png

Official announcement:

"Groß, who currently races on the road at Continental level, has predominantly competed on the track in the junior and under-23 categories. His most notable success came recently in 2020 where he won gold medals in both the Individual Pursuit and the Kilometre TT events, as well as a bronze medal in the Men’s Team Pursuit at the European under-23 Track Championships in Fiorenzuola d’Arda in Italy. "

WhatsApp-Image-2021-05-04-at-22.41.04-1600x1066.jpeg

Good sprinter prospect, but can also do well in TT on WT I think!

Check out their 2009 roster

BERTAGNOLLI Leonardo(as from 09/05)
BERTOGLIATI Rubens
BERTOLINI Alessandro
BERTOLINI Denis
BERTOLINI Thomas
I see you conveniently omitted BELLETTI Manuel. Yeah, his name really stands out among these as much different.

They must have really liked the names that started with "Be" and ended with "i". They also had Belli in 2007.

LMAO at Bora. Denk is feeling the pressure from his sponsors to go big. So he’ll just propose (big) contracts to about any big name that’s free on the market or any youngster with potential.

Curious as to how the sale pitch goes to all these guys...
“Hey man, we believe you to be the next big thing and we want to support you in reaching your goals ”. Goes to the next guy.

Not to mention Buchmann, Kämna and Schachmann already being signed (with all of them having GC ambitions).

Reactions: Fuente De

Lefevere confirmed. Almeida will leave DQS

Lefevere confirmed. Almeida will leave DQS
A bummer and a mistake imho for both parties.

So much for Evenepoel working for Almeida from the start though. The gap will need you be huge for that to happen.

:joycat::joycat::joycat:

I wish I could translate the German google translation of the last part into English (I tried, it's not funny anymore). I need to put it in here for all Germans anyway, it's just great.

Hinter der Form von Evenepoel befindet sich auch ein Fragezeichen für Lefevere. Nach neun Monaten ohne Streichhölzer bleibt es Rätselraten. „Jeder möchte von uns hören, was wir selbst nicht wissen. Ich weiß nicht, wie Remco auftreten wird und er weiß es auch nicht. Wie kommt er zurück in den Rucksack? Bitte in seiner ersten großen Runde. Nervöse Aufregung ist nicht sein Lieblingsessen und die erste Woche des Giro ist immer nervös. Wie geht er damit um?

A bummer and a mistake imho for both parties.

So much for Evenepoel working for Almeida from the start though. The gap will need you be huge for that to happen.

Although I would have liked it better had he stayed, I suppose he will get much more money elsewhere and he would very likely always be in Evenepoel's shadow at DQS/ in Belgium, so it's understandable. About how they will play it at the Giro: I wouldn't have expected anything else from Lefevere.
It will be interesting to see how Almeida will do in the coming weeks and years and how this decision can be judged.

Although I would have liked it better had he stayed, I suppose he will get much more money elsewhere and he would very likely always be in Evenepoel's shadow at DQS/ in Belgium, so it's understandable. About how they will play it at the Giro: I wouldn't have expected anything else from Lefevere.
It will be interesting to see how Almeida will do in the coming weeks and years and how this decision can be judged.
Rumors so far are either Bora or UAE. If the latter, he's not going to be better off. At Bora he won't have to work for others (Buchmann, Kelderman, Schachmann, Kämna...) but he won't be 2nd in line by default either. But i wish him the best wherever he ends up.

TRENDING THREADS