• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I truly doubt about that gossip… in Portugal Almeida agent said to a daily newspaper that Almeida didn’t chose the team who made him the biggest offer. IMO the biggest offer as far as money goes was probably UAE so…

Reactions: Sandisfan
But that's ridiculous, what's Vlasovmann even supposed to mean?

Seriously, who else wants Bora to sign? Looks like they are hunting everyone "der nicht bei drei auf den Bäumen ist". :tearsofjoy: Although Vlasov should be a good signing and he seems nice...
The problem is signing multiple gt riders who are all on a similar level, that could create some drama.
If Sagan is leaving I'd rather throw some money at Moscon, he can be a co-leader in both the cobbled and the hilly classics and support the gt riders in a gt. With Oss and Benedetti you already have 2 riders from the Trentino region (I'm not gonna call Benedetti Italian, that would piss him off), so they could go full Holy Roman Empire with the riders that they have on their team.;)

I wonder what is happening at Astana. Unless Lutsenko really becomes a gt rider at this Tour they lack gt riders. I like Pronskiy and Sobrero, but they atm they aren't gc riders.
Speaking of Sobrero, according to the commentators at the Italian NC Quickstep want to sign him, but I don't see that happening. He seems to be fine at Astana and Quickstep aren't known for paying absurd wages. Him going to Ineos would make more sense, he's friends with Ganna and has been dating his sister for over 5 years (and they'd pay him good money).

But that's ridiculous, what's Vlasovmann even supposed to mean?

Seriously, who else wants Bora to sign? Looks like they are hunting everyone "der nicht bei drei auf den Bäumen ist". :tearsofjoy: Although Vlasov should be a good signing and he seems nice...
I don't think it's necessarily Bora who "hunts" all those riders (well, they could be in early negotiations/requests with multiple riders and their agents, as is normal in early stages) but more so those riders agents who put out the name of Bora to pressure teams/negotiations because everyone knows that Bora will have freed up a lot of resources if Sagan is leaving. And as long as Sagan's situation is unclear, agents can use this method.

I don't think it's necessarily Bora who "hunts" all those riders (well, they could be in early negotiations/requests with multiple riders and their agents, as is normal in early stages) but more so those riders agents who put out the name of Bora to pressure teams/negotiations because everyone knows that Bora will have freed up a lot of resources if Sagan is leaving. And as long as Sagan's situation is unclear, agents can use this method.

Great point and also I'm sure Bora appeals to riders who see this as an opportunity to have their own hospitality manager.

• Haha
Great move for him. He's gonna be 37 and declining anyway. No need to perform much anymore. Just grab a big paycheck at Cofidis and then retire

He would probably finally get to try Roubaix :p

On another note, I'm not certain he is done yet.

His age says he is, but he was a late bloomer, that didn't really start road racing until he was 20, and didn't do a full season until 22.

He may have a couple of good seasons left in him.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS