• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
INEOS could have some serious money to spend this off season.

12 riders out of contract and I'd expect them to only re-sign 4 of them (Ganna, Geoghegan Hart, Narvaez, Sivakov). Big money departures in Froome, Kwiatkowski and Moscon.

Basso
Froome
Ganna
Geoghegan Hart
Golas
Knees
Kwiatkowski
Moscon
Narvaez
Sivakov
Stannard
Wurf

INEOS could have some serious money to spend this off season.

12 riders out of contract and I'd expect them to only re-sign 4 of them (Ganna, Geoghegan Hart, Narvaez, Sivakov). Big money departures in Froome, Kwiatkowski and Moscon.

Basso
Froome
Ganna
Geoghegan Hart
Golas
Knees
Kwiatkowski
Moscon
Narvaez
Sivakov
Stannard
Wurf

Not sure why you would think they won’t try to retain Stannard and Knees. Won’t be able to command big money anywhere else and still getting selected for at least 1 GT a year.

With Kwiatkowski Ineos will want him but may not want to pay him as much as now and he may leave to get a freer role and more leadership in the races that suit him.

Politt to join Bora for the next two years apparently.

That would be great news for Sagan in the cobbled classics giving him a guy who can be a genuine foil for him who can move first and other teams have to respect and chase or risk losing plus a loyal super domestique able to work hard to either close gaps or blow the group to pieces depending on the race situation.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
That would be great news for Sagan in the cobbled classics giving him a guy who can be a genuine foil for him who can move first and other teams have to respect and chase or risk losing plus a loyal super domestique able to work hard to either close gaps or blow the group to pieces depending on the race situation.
I can see that happening . . . a’ la Terpstra and Boonen (which was not always a satisfying result for fans but benefitted the team)

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
After Lobato (2023), Mikel Bizkarra (2023) & Julen Irizar (2022) re-signed with Euskaltel Euskadi. Today, the team announced that she had signed Xabier Mikel Azparren (1999 / Laboral Kutxa). No surprise. With Asier Etxeberria and Unai Iribar, he was one of the three Laboral Kutxa's riders who had to go up to Euskaltel. He is the actual national champion ITT U23 and he has increased on all terrains in 2019 - early 2020. Not a crack but a solid rider.
I expect that Euskaltel is going to sign Etxeberria and Iribar too but I'm not sure at 100%. Kern Pharma wanted to sign Iribar for 2020.
I think the majority of the team, if not all, will be re-signed + Azparren / Etxeberria (?) / Iribar (?) / one neopro who doesn't come from the Devo' Team Laboral Kutxa (?).

TRENDING THREADS