• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He probably wants a new contract and Astana is not offering the money he's after.

That would be a safer bet. Yes, sorry I've never done it and I won't do it again.

According to Vinokurov, the team's budget does not allow them to continue working with Lopez. The last race for Lopez as part of Astana will be the Giro.

Vinokurov also said: "Remember that in the Tour de France Lopez was unable to maintain the third place overall that the team relied on."
Maybe Astana is looking for another guy or they will focus on the young Vlasov?

I totally forgot Vlasov who looks to be a really interesting prospect for GTs or to snag a few mountains stages at least. But Fuglsang's not so young anymore, that would be surprising if they don't have anyone else in mind.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That would be a safer bet. Yes, sorry I've never done it and I won't do it again.

I totally forgot Vlasov who looks to be a really interesting prospect for GTs or to snag a few mountains stages at least. But Fuglsang's not so young anymore, that would be surprising if they don't have anyone else in mind.
The have signed Piccolo for the next season, but if he becomes a gc rider it's probably gonna take a few seasons. Maybe they have high expectations for Tejada.

I didn't either but Movistar seem to have a strategy on the transfer market where you are pretty sure to sign for them if you have a nationality shared with no of their current riders.

By my - not very reliable - calculations, they'll be looking for a either Dutchman or a Norwegian next. Or maybe a Swede; doubling the number of Swedes on the WorldTour.

Lutsenko to Movistar? :D

I think Lutsenko - or whoever the best Kazakh rider is at any given time - leaving Astana would be the surprise of the century. Then again... this is a strange year.

I didn't either but Movistar seem to have a strategy on the transfer market where you are pretty sure to sign for them if you have a nationality shared with no of their current riders.

With the exceptions of Spaniards. They do have a rule on the team that over half the roster must be comprised of Spaniards. Otherwise, it does seem they have a goal to have riders from a variety of other countries.

By my - not very reliable - calculations, they'll be looking for a either Dutchman or a Norwegian next. Or maybe a Swede; doubling the number of Swedes on the WorldTour.

Or maybe they can find a Canadian?

Didn´t see that coming..

It appears the majority of us didn't see this one.

He'll be a welcome addition to the team.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS