• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've not really been keeping up with transfer news so sorry if this has been mentioned - I just had a look at the PCS out of contract list and surprised to see Ganna, Kwiatkowski and Narvaez in there, I'm guessing all are renewing with Ineos?

I've not really been keeping up with transfer news so sorry if this has been mentioned - I just had a look at the PCS out of contract list and surprised to see Ganna, Kwiatkowski and Narvaez in there, I'm guessing all are renewing with Ineos?

Ganna is confirmed to stay at INEOS and Kwiatkowski is widely expected to re-up.

Narvaez is a bit of unknown but I guess he is staying at the team. If moving, my guess would be EF.

Reactions: Ranagazoo
Sorry but it's definetely you who have been more disrespectful, using personal attacks like "mr smart ass" and "what are you doing on this forum?".

Saying that Circus Wanty Gobert is a poor World Tour team is not disrespectful. It's a realistic assessment of the strength of their roster compared to other WT teams present and past, of which only a few weren't clearly stronger than what Wanty seems to have to offer in 2021. It's essential that a WT team, which is guaranteed participation in all major races, has a group of riders strong enough to justify that privilege and I agree that Wanty doesn't quite have a WT deserving team at the moment.
You started being disrespectful (read your first reaction). I only responded by telling you you had a sour reaction. Then, you got rude. I realy couldn't pass up your rude behaviour.
In a mature and civilized discussion, you could have had the opinion that Alpecin has a better long term strategy (which I disagree with, everything revolves around vdPoel), but that's your opinion. And I have another opinion. Then, disparagingly argue that "Circus Wanty Gobert is a poor team", is not done.

Sorry but it's definetely you who have been more disrespectful, using personal attacks like "mr smart ass" and "what are you doing on this forum?".

Saying that Circus Wanty Gobert is a poor World Tour team is not disrespectful. It's a realistic assessment of the strength of their roster compared to other WT teams present and past, of which only a few weren't clearly stronger than what Wanty seems to have to offer in 2021. It's essential that a WT team, which is guaranteed participation in all major races, has a group of riders strong enough to justify that privilege and I agree that Wanty doesn't quite have a WT deserving team at the moment.
You turn things around completely. "mr smart ass" and "what are you doing on this forum?" was AFTER you started to be disrespectful (read your own comment). I reacted on your disrespectful reaction "Circus Wanty Gobert is a poor team", by stating that you reacted harschly. And then, you became rude.
I hope you learned your lesson (in staying polite, even with a different opinion). And

You started the attacks. I just gave an opinion concerning the team strategy of Circus Wanty Gobert. In a civilized and mature discussion, you can respond correctly. And have your own opinion. If you don't realize that jour first reaction was not done and rude, then you have a communication problem. To make that clear, I pointed out that you reacted harshly. AFTER THAT, you got rude. AFTER THAT, I reacted on your rude behaviour.

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
It is surprising. I think Equipo Kern Pharma might be the highest level team sponsored by Giant if they continue ridding them next season. Although they do have the women's team (which goes back all the way to the Rabobank Teams(, but without Vos.

Some Dutch website mentioned the CCC women's team to be renamed to LIV racing after Giants women's range. Expected Giant themselves to jump in the Qhubeka project as BMC moved to AG2R. Since BMC is staying no place for Giant & Cadex wheels left it seems..

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
First, since I love my Giant: Sorry that they don't get to show on a WT team.

Second: This thread has become surprisingly entertaining. I haven't figured it all out yet, though. So toby became a rude EF fan, while Anderis hates Circus Wanty because they did not try to sign Sagan, and zoef-lightning is the truely good guy in all of it? And which role does Logic play in this comedy?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Vincenzo Nibali seems to have been in discussions with INEOS:

"I've had a relationship with Pinarello since my first year as a professional at Fassa Bortolo and there has always been some interest at INEOS Grenadiers. We talked, maybe we can do that face-to-face after the hectic corona situation. " [translation via redditor juraj_is_better]

• Wow
Vincenzo Nibali seems to have been in discussions with INEOS:

"I've had a relationship with Pinarello since my first year as a professional at Fassa Bortolo and there has always been some interest at INEOS Grenadiers. We talked, maybe we can do that face-to-face after the hectic corona situation. " [translation via redditor juraj_is_better]

that sentence is said by the interviewer, saying they´ll maybe do an interview again with the interviewer after the corona crisis ends.
not with Ineos

Last edited:
  • Wow
So, Harry Tanfield signed with Ribble Weldtide for next year, with the aim of securing a WorldTeam contract. Well... that worked! (They've also signed Connor Brown and Emil Vinjebo.)

Kudos to his agent. Can't think of many cyclists with so little to offer that managed to stay in the WT for three different teams.

Also, Aru is rumoured to be confirmed today for Qhubeka. Narváez confirmed in local media that he was staying at INEOS as per Spaziociclismo.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS