• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The other part of that story is the fun one, that the team took Søren Kragh out of Paris-Nice because of differences over time trial position. He had to go report to the team office in the Netherlands instead of continuing the race, the story said. The official story about his abandon was back problems. It could be a problem for Søren who wants to do time trial and road race at the Olympics and is counting on Tour de France to prepare but now these psychos might not select him as punishment.

The other part of that story is the fun one, that the team took Søren Kragh out of Paris-Nice because of differences over time trial position. He had to go report to the team office in the Netherlands instead of continuing the race, the story said. The official story about his abandon was back problems. It could be a problem for Søren who wants to do time trial and road race at the Olympics and is counting on Tour de France to prepare but now these psychos might not select him as punishment.

Wait what? That can't be true o_O. He was also 5th at that TT, 10s behind.

Every time I read a story about Sunweb/DSM, I think - wtf, can't be true. But these stories have quite some consistency. I mean, they are kind of good at developing talent but seriously, why do they think this is the best way to run a team?

Reactions: spalco
Every time I read a story about Sunweb/DSM, I think - wtf, can't be true. But these stories have quite some consistency. I mean, they are kind of good at developing talent but seriously, why do they think this is the best way to run a team?

But the supposed nature of the conflict; they wanted to force him to change position, he wanted to keep his old position, does seem rather unlikely.

It seems cyclingnews already knew 2 weeks ago:
EF Education-Nippo made all of last year’s squad one-year deals over the winter and they’re close to making some further announcements with some of the current team up until 2023-4 but Alberto Bettiol and Sergio Higuita are both on the market, along with Logan Owen, Jonathan Caicedo, Ruben Guerreiro, Tejay van Garderen and William Barta.
Article

Not only did they predict that EF would have announced some contract extensions but they also curiously mentioned a lot of riders being "on the market" but not Carthy.

Another Colombian goat to Europe. Lately these youngsters have not been as successful in Europe.
Yesid Pira to Kern Pharma.

So the team is Caja Rural and not Kern Pharma.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS