• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seems cyclingnews already knew 2 weeks ago:
EF Education-Nippo made all of last year’s squad one-year deals over the winter and they’re close to making some further announcements with some of the current team up until 2023-4 but Alberto Bettiol and Sergio Higuita are both on the market, along with Logan Owen, Jonathan Caicedo, Ruben Guerreiro, Tejay van Garderen and William Barta.
Article

Not only did they predict that EF would have announced some contract extensions but they also curiously mentioned a lot of riders being "on the market" but not Carthy.
Just coming back to this article, it seems they were implying "announcements" in plural and I've just realised that another prominent rider who officialy doesn't have a contract for 2022 but they had not mentioned being "on the market" was Cort.

So will EF announce a contract extension with Cort soon? We'll see.

Sad is = modern sports. Just look at football right now. He's going to be Sepp Kuss for UAE.
I at least partially agree. There is more or less unavoidable that you will have some superdomestiqus. Kuss working for Roglic isn't that bad. Ineoes is by far the worst. They have 6-7 guys that would be GC captains in most other teams. Carapaz is the worst example. And it remains to be seen what role riders like Adam Yates will have in GTs later this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I at least partially agree. There is more or less unavoidable that you will have some superdomestiqus. Kuss working for Roglic isn't that bad. Ineoes is by far the worst. They have 6-7 guys that would be GC captains in most other teams. Carapaz is the worst example. And it remains to be seen what role riders like Adam Yates will have in GTs later this year.

Well I don't disagree, also think you want to misunderstand me a bit.

I just say what I think going to happen, not what I want to happen.

I can easy see Vlasov, Hindley, Almeida all end up in UAE, TJV and Ineos after this season. There is where they money is.

They are young. At that age, if you're ambitious and believe in yourself, you can either believe you are good enough to make your way, whereever you are, or you will probably like to be a team leader better than some more money. The money aspect gets probably more important once you are nearing 30 and realize that you will probably never be one of the biggest guys, but can make great money as a helper.
It's different of course if you can get the money and a leader's role, which might be the case for Almeida/UAE.

Yeah, Hindley. Who said what? There is another team willing to make Hindley their main GC rider?

I don't think they mentioned a specific team, but it was DSM who were quoted in that direction, think it was even a cyclingnews article, don't know which one, though.

Grosh sign for 3 year in Uae. 22 year. German sprint talent.

What? What? WHAT? Wasn't he supposed to be joining Felix Grossschartner at Bora? :p

• Wow

Grosh sign for 3 year in Uae. 22 year. German sprint talent.
Groß is also a great track cycling prospect who won the IP at the u23 EC 3 years in a row, he's got a big engine and the potential to be more than just a pure sprinter.

Official announcement:

"Groß, who currently races on the road at Continental level, has predominantly competed on the track in the junior and under-23 categories. His most notable success came recently in 2020 where he won gold medals in both the Individual Pursuit and the Kilometre TT events, as well as a bronze medal in the Men’s Team Pursuit at the European under-23 Track Championships in Fiorenzuola d’Arda in Italy. "

WhatsApp-Image-2021-05-04-at-22.41.04-1600x1066.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS