• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Lefevere confirmed. Almeida will leave DQS

So... they're losing part of the A-team...

I'd love them in a German team which could mean seeing them around more, but... what would Bora do with all these guys? Obviously Denk/ the team is very ambitious... but I can't see how this would be very clever... so many riders who surely want to be leaders in GTs.

They just doing what Ineos, TJV, UAE and so on have been doing.

Signing the best riders and talents.

Reactions: Sandisfan
They just doing what Ineos, TJV, UAE and so on have been doing.

Signing the best riders and talents.

But if you go to Ineos, getting a lot of money, you know you will be a helper mostly. Often they take the money, because it means more to them than glory.
None of the guys like Buchmann, Hindley and especially not Schachmann and Almeida strike me as guys who are willing to be domestiques in general. (Here and there, yes, but not normally.) Kämna, I don't now. I'd think not, but maybe I'm wrong there.

But if you go to Ineos, getting a lot of money, you know you will be a helper mostly. Often they take the money, because it means more to them than glory.
None of the guys like Buchmann, Hindley and especially not Schachmann and Almeida strike me as guys who are willing to be domestiques in general. (Here and there, yes, but not normally.) Kämna, I don't now. I'd think not, but maybe I'm wrong there.

It is just about having riders that can challenge and could make or break the races. Not getting them in line and working for each other or for one of them. They probably wont race together all the time either.

Ackermann will sign in Uae

Ok, but which team will he sign with? :p

They'll need a sprinter if they are parting ways with either one of both of Gaviria and Kristoff after this season, so it makes sense for them to bring in someone like Ackermann. The question is what role he will get, cause unlike Kristoff he seems to need a lot of backing in order to get results (and as seen this year it might not even be enough). And with Pogacar there, he won't get a lot of chances in the Tour, but Giro/Vuelta should definitely not be a problem, unless McNulty for instance will be given full support at one point.

It is just about having riders that can challenge and could make or break the races. Not getting them in line and working for each other or for one of them. They probably wont race together all the time either.

Yeah, if a rider is good enough, he'll be a leader. For example with Ineos, none of Bernal, Thomas, Carapaz, TGH or Sivakov probably view themselves primarily as a domestique and all of them get chances as GC leaders.

And people criticize Movistar's multi-leader approach but their GT results are quite good. Carapaz won the Giro when he wasn't the sole leader. There were several occasions in the Vuelta when Quintana was nominally the leader but Valverde ended up being the better GC option.

I'd love them in a German team which could mean seeing them around more, but... what would Bora do with all these guys? Obviously Denk/ the team is very ambitious... but I can't see how this would be very clever... so many riders who surely want to be leaders in GTs.

I do feel slightly like Bora seems to be amassing lots and lots of riders who are good enough to get a top ten in a Grand Tour and will want to be at least a co-leader but won't ever be there in terms of competing for one overall. Obviously, GT winners don't grow on trees, but I feel that things will be spread to thinly between Kelderman, Buchmann, Kämna, Konrad, Schachmann, Almeida and Hindley (you can probably have Großschartnner close to this list too)

I have very good sources. I know people from the team too. 10 minutes later it was confirmed by La Gazetta
Sure. Your track record is really great so far. You said that Almeida would get out of his contract to go to UAE for the 2021 season and also said that UAE signed Lutsenko. Both things did not happen.

Just admit that you take the rumors from the media.

if he’s leaving Bora it will be interesting to see if they take him to the Tour. He has picked an unfortunate moment to have bad form.

Maybe he totally has sources within the team, but that doesn't mean they are always right. Often there are many talks and negotiations before a signing, a team or rider might think about a transfer, that doesn't mean it's happening, it might be better to mark this as a rumour / thought instead of making it sound like a done deal...

Sure. Your track record is really great so far. You said that Almeida would get out of his contract to go to UAE for the 2021 season and also said that UAE signed Lutsenko. Both things did not happen.

Just admit that you take the rumors from the media.

There were talks with Lutsenko. eventually he chose to stay. A contract was ready for Almeida, but Bora has a better offer. I said it about Grosh a long time ago. I also know that Ruben Sanchez will sign in the future. He is only 17 years old. you can find what you want. I know people and have my resources :)

• Wow
Maybe he totally has sources within the team, but that doesn't mean they are always right. Often there are many talks and negotiations before a signing, a team or rider might think about a transfer, that doesn't mean it's happening, it might be better to mark this as a rumour / thought instead of making it sound like a done deal...

exactly. You are completely right! You don't have to believe it, but I have conversations with Matxin. I was allowed to ride with him once and we are still in touch. Also because, like him, I know a lot about youth. He often gives me information

Why the hell do they want Ackermann?

Youngish, proved he had a high level in 2019, available cheap due to bad form, already shown he is willing to skip doing the Tour every year. The only other top sprinters available this season are Bennett, who would insist on doing the Tour with support or Viviani, who is a riskier proposition than Ackermann. So if they want one it’s seems like the choice is Ackermann, despite his dreadful early season, or keeping Gaviria who they seem to want shot of.

Youngish, proved he had a high level in 2019, available cheap due to bad form, already shown he is willing to skip doing the Tour every year. The only other top sprinters available this season are Bennett, who would insist on doing the Tour with support or Viviani, who is a riskier proposition than Ackermann. So if they want one it’s seems like the choice is Ackermann, despite his dreadful early season, or keeping Gaviria who they seem to want shot of.

They should go hard on cobbles but avoid sprinter. They don't have the team for a sprinter. Should focus more on GC team. They lacking backups in climbing.

With Felix Groß already committed, another german sprinter at UAE might make sense. However, so far I would treat it as an interest or a rumor (which the source above confirms) , because Bora is already following the goal of having the best german cyclist from their respective segments under contract. Losing the currently most successful german sprinter would probably not be in Bora's interest.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS