• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He is literally smiling all the time but in a really creepy way you can tell if you look close that it’s over the top .. I have seen him personally at races and he put for example merchandise stickers onto other bikes from different teams and those riders seemed to be quite annoyed with that kind of stuff, especially ahead of a race .. and that’s just one of the examples

But of course in a lot of situations he probably is super happy in an authentic way and there also seems to be a great atmosphere amongst him and his lead out boys but still

Bennett and Hindley -> Bora

Reactions: Roku and Sandisfan
I do feel slightly like Bora seems to be amassing lots and lots of riders who are good enough to get a top ten in a Grand Tour and will want to be at least a co-leader but won't ever be there in terms of competing for one overall. Obviously, GT winners don't grow on trees, but I feel that things will be spread to thinly between Kelderman, Buchmann, Kämna, Konrad, Schachmann, Almeida and Hindley (you can probably have Großschartnner close to this list too)
Totally agree. I would say that the jury is still out on Almeida and Hindley, but I'm not convinced. Last year's Giro was really strange, and probably not very representive for the riders true level of quality,. The Bora guys will have to fight Pogacar and Roglic, a Ineos team with Bernal and Carapaz, an up-and-coming Evenopoel and perhaps a revitalized Dumoulin. In addtition I see MAL, Mas, Yates, Landa and Carthy as at least as strong riders as those Bora riders. Right now it seems they will spend a lot of money to gather a GC team with a bunch of riders who will typically finish 5-15 in a GT, but are completely missing the top candidate(s). They should rather spend their money in a different way.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I would say that the jury is still out on Almeida and Hindley, but I'm not convinced. Last year's Giro was really strange, and probably not very representive for the riders true level of quality,. The Bora guys will have to fight Pogacar and Roglic, a Ineos team with Bernal and Carapaz, an up-and-coming Evenopoel and perhaps a revitalized Dumoulin. In addtition I see MAL, Mas, Yates, Landa and Carthy as at least as strong riders as those Bora riders. Right now it seems they will spend a lot of money to gather a GC team with a bunch of riders who will typically finish 5-15 in a GT, but are completely missing the top candidate(s). They should rather spend their money in a different way.

The thing is they know that. Denk said there is actually a top 6 in the peloton: Roglic, Pogacar, Bernal, van Aert, van der Poel and Evenepoel. They tried to sign Remco. Denk said too, if they can't sign one of them, they have to try to develop one of their riders.
Until Uijtdebroeks is ready...

Reactions: Sandisfan
The thing is they know that. Denk said there is actually a top 6 in the peloton: Roglic, Pogacar, Bernal, van Aert, van der Poel and Evenepoel. They tried to sign Remco. Denk said too, if they can't sign one of them, they have to try to develop one of their riders.
Until Uijtdebroeks is ready...
Even if you have the two Vans. I think it's still easier jo win in the classics than against Roglic, Pogacar, Bernal, Evenepoel and others in the Grand Tours. But very much depends on the true quality of Almeida and Hindley here. If one of them can develop to a rider which at least are a level above Buchmann and Kelderman, the transfers can be justified in the long run.

Even if you have the two Vans. I think it's still easier jo win in the classics than against Roglic, Pogacar, Bernal, Evenepoel and others in the Grand Tours. But very much depends on the true quality of Almeida and Hindley here. If one of them can develop to a rider which at least are a level above Buchmann and Kelderman, the transfers can be justified in the long run.
I think he'll win a GT with Uijtdebroeks before he'll one win with Hindley. Uijtdebroeks is an 18 year old climber that is already pushing the same watts as van der Poel in 4 minute efforts. And sub 5 minute efforts are his weak point.

• Wow
I can't find the original article, but according to La Gazzetta dello Sport Deceuninck offered Sagan (and friends) a contract. They say they offered him 8 million, but not for how many years. Hard to imagine Lefevere offering that much money though, so not sure how trustworthy the article is.

• Wow
I can't find the original article, but according to La Gazzetta dello Sport Deceuninck offered Sagan (and friends) a contract. They say they offered him 8 million, but not for how many years. Hard to imagine Lefevere offering that much money though, so not sure how trustworthy the article is.

HLN article

As I understand it is 8mil for the whole Team Sagan.
Peter+Juraj+Oss+Bodnar + 3 more staff

And of course I am pretty sure that at least half of it comes from Specialized only.

In the article is also mentioned Total Direct with a counter offer.

HLN article

And of course I am pretty sure that at least half of it comes from Specialized only.

I'd love to see Peter with the Wolfpack. Bodnar albeit being past his prime is a trusted domestique and fills in the Keisse role. Juraj would replace Stijn Steels in the family quota role in the team, while Oss honestly is mainly a liability at this moment. At least it seems they are not taking Baska with them.

HLN article

This sounds crazy. I need to see it to believe it. Sure, Sagan is still strong and an amazing PR weapon... but these are a lot of guys... and there's van der Poel, Pidcock and so on... all these new stars, so I don't know if Sagan can have this stellar, special standing he used to have.

With these terms I don't see it making much sense for DQS, and I still doubt that it would even be the most desirable move for Peter himself.
Okay, make me :astonished:

TRENDING THREADS