• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 83 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Team Sagan to DQS
Team Kristoff to Israel
Team Bennett to Bora
Team Gaviria to Arkea
Team Ackermann to UAE

That's my guess
All plausible but from that it would seem a very unfortunate time for Ackermann to be having his worst run of form in years as his potential contract offers will surely have more than halved from what they could have been. It might make more sense for UAE to stick with Gavirira who has shown signs of life this Giro as he can also be of use in some hills to support Pogacar when in the leaders jersey of big races.

Team Sagan to DQS
Team Kristoff to Israel
Team Bennett to Bora
Team Gaviria to Arkea
Team Ackermann to UAE

That's my guess

I don't get this. Well, I know nothing about sprinters, anyway and these merry-go-rounds are always an enigma to me, but why would UAE be interested in Ackermann more than in Gaviria and Kristoff? Because he's younger and cheaper? But they need a lot of resources for their GC ambitions, and Ackermann needs a full and perfect train.
Israel already have so many old guys, shouldn't they invest in the future?
Bennett to Bora again, after what happened?
My doubts about Sagan to DQS I already expressed.
o_O

Mørkøv staying at DQS.
View: https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1394261765219831809

So whatever sprinter DQS will sign, he'll be able to win a lot. Even Sagan might start winning sprints again.

I really thought he was going somewhere else when he didn't announce the team right away. Lefevere was willing to match Mørkøv's other offers and has promised him that he'll still have a top sprinter to work for. I guess that rules out a Gaviria return :p

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't get this. Well, I know nothing about sprinters, anyway and these merry-go-rounds are always an enigma to me, but why would UAE be interested in Ackermann more than in Gaviria and Kristoff? Because he's younger and cheaper? But they need a lot of resources for their GC ambitions, and Ackermann needs a full and perfect train.
Israel already have so many old guys, shouldn't they invest in the future?
Bennett to Bora again, after what happened?
My doubts about Sagan to DQS I already expressed.
o_O

Agree in all, I don't talk about what I think is best for each team - I talk about what I think are going to happen.

In that case, my money is on Gaviria returning to DQ.

It's a proven concept and he is only 26. Also he is probably not too expensive, given his results the last 3 years.
Probably also depends on if they really believe Jakobsen will be back 100%. They are turning their focus a bit more to GC and still want to be competitive in the Classics as well. It could be that Jakobsen, Cavendish and Ballerini will do for Lefevere. Although I expect them to get 1 more sprinter.

Bennett won plenty of races before he joined DQS and Morkov, a lot of them WT-races. Definitely will not be as big of a drop-off in victories as Viviania and Gaviria.
Viviani in 2017 won 2 WT races, I mean actually races, not stages (Hamburg and Bretagne Classic) in a frickin' Sky who were all about GC at that point and ever since. He scored more CQ points that year than Bennett in any of his seasons, in or outside of DQS.

Viviani in 2017 won 2 WT races, I mean actually races, not stages (Hamburg and Bretagne Classic) in a frickin' Sky who was all about GC at that point and ever since. He scored more CQ points that year than Bennett in any of his seasons, in or outside of DQS.
And Bennett won 11 WT stages the year before he joined Deceuninck. Pretty sure sprinters prefer that over CQ points. I know I would.

Does anyone know Merlier's contract status? - or Ewan for that matter ;)
Why would Merlier want to move to DQS? He probably wouldn't earn anymore than he does at Alpecin. His programm is most likely more of a pick and mix (like mvdp) being a pro conti team at the top of the UCI rankings. He probably wouldn't have as much flexibility to ride cyclocross in the winter as he does with Alpecin, because he isn't one of the top riders like Van Aert or Van Der Poel.

Why would Merlier want to move to DQS? He probably wouldn't earn anymore than he does at Alpecin. His programm is most likely more of a pick and mix (like mvdp) being a pro conti team at the top of the UCI rankings. He probably wouldn't have as much flexibility to ride cyclocross in the winter as he does with Alpecin, because he isn't one of the top riders like Van Aert or Van Der Poel.

Because every rider in the world wants to wear the DQ blue :cool:

• Wow
And Bennett won 11 WT stages the year before he joined Deceuninck. Pretty sure sprinters prefer that over CQ points. I know I would.
And Viviani didn't win that many WT stages because he had few WT race days because of how little importance sprints had for Sky (and little support, few of their riders who made their living as dedicated lead-out men, unlike at BORA). He made a lot of those few opportunities he did have as signified by those two one day race wins and a lot of other results that put him high in CQ ranking.

The point was not to argue that he was superior to Bennett but that it was not unique to Bennett to deliver good results before joining DQS among these sprinters you mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS