• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After Lefevere said it is 5:0 for Bora at the tranfsers "against" him, Bora probably won't resign Sagan and his whole team, because it makes no sense and they don't have the money.
Signing Sagan with Bodnar, Oss, Juri Sagan, his mechanic and his director should be really expensive. Not much teams will have so much space and money.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
After Lefevere said it is 5:0 für Bora at the tranfsers "against" him, Bora probably won't resign Sagan and his whole team, because it makes no sense and they don't have the money.
Signing Sagan with Bodnar, Oss, Juri Sagan, his mechanic and his director should be really expensive. Not much teams will have so much space and money.

Exactly.
He brings Bodnar, Oss.
They already have Turgis.
And also might resign Sagan's brother from another mother Terpstra.

More I think about it, more it makes sense (for Sagan).

Lmao. That has to use up their entire budget if true.
They were reportedly interested in Alaphilippe and Kristoff in the past IIRC so obviously they're ready to step up with their budget should an opportunity to sign a really big name arrive.

Their roster doesn't look like a big money roster though.
Last year they poached a lot of decent riders from WT and they have possibly the most depth in their roster out of any PCT team so I would argue they do look like a decently funded team but there's only so much opportunity to sign good riders without a WT licence.

More I think about it, more it makes sense (for Sagan).
Me too.

I think it worked well for him when he had an entire team around him at Cannondale. The big teams will always be eyeing GC which is not ideal for someone like Sagan.

They can if they have to but who wouldn't like to work with good friends of them if they can make it happen?
To be fair, this does sound pretty extreme to insist on bringing a bigger entourage than your average rapper. At the same time, the numbers sound ridiculous but that might be because we're used to just focusing on the fellow riders that a star brings with them, such as Jesús Hernández, Benjamin Noval and (for a while until he branched out on his own) Dani Navarro going everywhere with Contador, or the leadout buddies going with their sprinters. While Sagan's rider entourage is pretty sizable, meaning you'd have to focus almost 1/5 your squad around him alone, and while that may suck for the riders who get squeezed out for weaker riders who came as part of the package deal and are only there to keep Sagan happy, at the same time we don't know if there were sizable staff entourages brought in other major transfers in the past moving with high profile riders, and if you're going to spend the kind of money required to bring a rider like Sagan into the fold, then you're going to have to be prepared to spend the money to keep him happy and make him feel at home at your team and if that means bringing some of his creature comforts from his old team, so be it.

From what I read here, most people here believe Direct Energie wants to sign Sagan? (As in the company)
Belgian media has reported that it is Total (the oil-company) who are the dominant factor in this deal. It makes sense tho, Total is a global company, present in 130 countries, with a yearly turnaround of about 141 billion euros. If you want to up your budget and bring a cycling superstar...Someone like Sagan, who is popular everywhere, is a great signing.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS