• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hmmm... I thought everything crossed your mind at some point? But yeah, Samu would also have been a perfect pick for the part. It's just that everytime there's a wordplay to be had, you two get there fast.

TBF, when I first saw it, I'd just gotten home from work, severely misjudging how hot it was, and had spent a good amount of time washing floors with - well - hot water...

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
A little bit more than that, and the sun is quite strong. My apartment is facing south-west, so it quickly gets heated. That and I'm slow at transitioning to warmer temperatures, in a week I'll cope better.

While I quite enjoyed being outside in May/June 2018, the heat was absolutely killing me (and my sleep) indoors.

• Wow
A little bit more than that, and the sun is quite strong. My apartment is facing south-west, so it quickly gets heated. That and I'm slow at transitioning to warmer temperatures, in a week I'll cope better.

While I quite enjoyed being outside in May/June 2018, the heat was absolutely killing me (and my sleep) indoors.
I was thinking about this the other day. Do houses and apartments generally have air conditioning in Northern Europe?

• Wow
If there were 10 grand tours in a year, Ineos could have a different leader for each one. They would have to be insane to cut down the opportunities for their GC guys even more than they already do, by bringing in a top-tier sprinter, and Sam Bennett would have to be insane to put up with maybe two helpers at the Tour de France. On the other hand, MONEY.

I'd be shocked if he was even selected for the Tour at Ineos unless they just went we can't beat Pog and Rog so let's change goals here and go for stages and a top 5/10 in GC.

Nobody here has air conditioning and I'm not even in Northern Europe.
No, not generally. Electricity is taxed too highly, so it's quite expensive. I assume that it's uncommon in Canada as well?

I think it's mostly south of the Alps in Europe.
I guess that makes sense. I sometimes forget how much further north the whole of Europe is when compared to the US. AC is pretty mandatory where I am but I think I'm at a latitude equivalent with Northern Africa and the high stays at 36-41 for months at a time.

I did live in Alaska for awhile but I don't remember if we had AC.

Back on topic, has anyone heard any rumors about Superman Lopez for next year? Didn't he just sign a 1 year contract with Movistar?

Trek and DSM both have expiring contracts on their GC riders. Trek for Nibali and DSM for Hindley. Should they rather chase quality one-day riders instead of replacing these with other GC riders. The competition against Ineos, Jumbo and UAE seems pretty difficult and perhaps futile in the GC of the GTs.

Iker Bonillo joins Bardiani in 2022. But why?

He rides for Garzelli's MJ team, so there's somewhat of a conncection to Italy, even if Garzelli is mainly living in Spain when he isn't working for Rai and is now speaking a mixture of Italian and Spanish when he's speaking Italian (I'm only half joking).

TRENDING THREADS