• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 88 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There’s still time for them to offer Pascal Ackermann €6m a year if they really want to test the two minuses theory.
Pascal Ackermann is worth his off-season weight in gold as a lead out man these days. They just have to tell Ackermann he is the protected sprinter and then get which ever French Guy they have at the race who can sprint to sit in his wheel.

Denk (Bora-Hansgrohe) wants to resign Sagan and Ackermann,
If Ackermann does not accept the offer from Bora-Hansgrohe, Sam Bennett is on the wishlist, too. According to Denk he has still a good realationship with Bennett. But he was pretty sure that he won't sign both, because it makes no sense and there is probably not enough money anyways.
Denk also said that he could perhaps give news about a contract with Sagan for 2022 onwards next week. The talks with the management of Sagan seem to be going well and he sounded optimistic.
He wanted to resign Kämna for more then one year, but Kämna was happy with a one year contract because he is optimistic to perform better in ne future to get a better contract.

And just like that Bryan Coquard is rumored to join Cofidis next year... with Coq being a non-winner already prior to joining Cofidis, two minuses may turn here into a plus? :p
Is Coquard even faster than Consonni? Given the fact that Consonni got better results than Viviani on gt stages when he was allowed to ride for himself he should get more opportunities to ride for himself the the hilly/harder sprint stages.

Is Coquard even faster than Consonni? Given the fact that Consonni got better results than Viviani on gt stages when he was allowed to ride for himself he should get more opportunities to ride for himself the the hilly/harder sprint stages.

Good point! I think that Consonni is still underrated; he deserves to get more support in races and should be used not just as a leadout. I could see him develop into a Nizzolo/Trentin kind of rider.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Plenty of us here do not have english as a mother language, so some mispellings should be acceptable, especially when the actual meaning of his "resign" was obvious due to the context
It was not meant condescending - I tried to be a bit polite about it, even if it was too brief for that. It is quite clear from the context, and it is misspelled that way by many (possibly also at times by me), but it still bugs me as there are times when it is not clear at all that it isn't meant as a resignation. And if one is aware of it, it doesn't take much change to correct it.

It was not meant condescending - I tried to be a bit polite about it, even if it was too brief for that. It is quite clear from the context, and it is misspelled that way by many (possibly also at times by me), but it still bugs me as there are times when it is not clear at all that it isn't meant as a resignation. And if one is aware of it, it doesn't take much change to correct it.
You can't even use the word like that. Resign is an action an individual could take, not something an individual or organisation or whatever can do to others. Used in the way it was in the above post there is no ambiguity, no risk of misunderstanding.

Oh and resignation is something else, think you mean resigning.

You can't even use the word like that. Resign is an action an individual could take, not something an individual or organisation or whatever can do to others. Used in the way it was in the above post there is no ambiguity, no risk of misunderstanding.

Oh and resignation is something else, think you mean resigning.

Netserk will have to resign himself to the fact, that Sagan is handing in his resignation, instead of re-signing with the team :cool:

Article has a few older rumours there. Has Pira rumoured to Kern Pharma when Caja Rural have taken over as destination for a while.

Gonna be a race in the Lizarte ranks between Igor Arrieta and Pau Miquel as to who moves up to Movistar this year, I feel, those two have both been great so far. Miquel is 20, so better placed to adapt, but Arrieta looks to have the greater upside as he's only 18 and performing at a similar level (and both are performing among the best amateurs in Spain generally at a level of riders around 2-3 years their seniors). Arrieta also has the bonus of having his father working at the team already, of course. He's won MTFs, but he's also a strong time triallist so seems primed to move into being a stage racer whereas Miquel seems more of an ATV. Obviously when it comes to young Spanish talent Juan Ayuso is getting all of the plaudits lately (plus Javier Romo to an extent) but don't sleep on Arrieta. Kid's really good.

Yeah, it just seems random and he isn't the kind of rider who screams wt-contract to me.

Some team wouldn't mind having a rider who's good at getting into breakaways in races where they don't have a favourite for the wins, GC or sprints, but he has obviously shown that he has a hard time finishing it off. EF could perhaps be interested in him as well, as I understand he used to train with Urán and Higuita in Colombia. He definitely has his limitations, but he wouldn't be the worst WT rider around.

TRENDING THREADS