• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uno-X must be getting increasingly frustrated - trying to establish a new team at the top level with a Nordic leadership, they're swiftly running out of viable options. Cille was already off the table, and Movistar now have Aalerud and Norsgaard locked up until the end of 2023 and 2024 respectively. Amalie Dideriksen's deal with Trek sees her through 2022 and I think Pernille Mathiesen's Jumbo contract is for two years too. Hoping to re-kickstart Susanne Andersen is probably their best hope of making an immediate splash at the moment, or poaching someone like Lutro from Hitec and hoping she hits it big. They can at least plug some results gaps with some solid Scandinavian riders around the scene, the likes of Moberg and Nilsson, and I guess a potential wildcard may be trying to acquire Emilia Fahlin and hoping she can recover some of her 2017-18 level form as she was really good a few years ago, but injuries have slowed her down lately.

Uno-X must be getting increasingly frustrated - trying to establish a new team at the top level with a Nordic leadership, they're swiftly running out of viable options. Cille was already off the table, and Movistar now have Aalerud and Norsgaard locked up until the end of 2023 and 2024 respectively. Amalie Dideriksen's deal with Trek sees her through 2022 and I think Pernille Mathiesen's Jumbo contract is for two years too. Hoping to re-kickstart Susanne Andersen is probably their best hope of making an immediate splash at the moment, or poaching someone like Lutro from Hitec and hoping she hits it big. They can at least plug some results gaps with some solid Scandinavian riders around the scene, the likes of Moberg and Nilsson, and I guess a potential wildcard may be trying to acquire Emilia Fahlin and hoping she can recover some of her 2017-18 level form as she was really good a few years ago, but injuries have slowed her down lately.

Pernille Mathiesen only has a one year contract with Jumbo, but at this point in time I'm not sure. if she actually wants to continue when it runs out. Sunweb was trying to develop her into a GC rider, which left her with an eating disorder and made her lose her love for the sport. She was hoping to become her former self again and reignite her career with JV, but it's not clear, if she's moving closer towards that. She hasn't ridden a race since not finishing RVV, and she isn't on the startlist for the Danish nationals (at least not for the ITT). She is studying to become a teacher and has for the next school year been attached to a Danish school with a cycling program in some capacity, but I don't know how much of her time that is going to take up.

Another option for Uno-X would be Christina Siggaard, but her current injury struggle could very well force her into an early retirement as well. I expect them to try and pick up some of the riders from Team Rytger, like Anniina Ahtosalo for instance.

Consonni signs a contract extension with Cofidis for 2 more years: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article/2021/06/16/1623833091/consonni-rinnova-cofidis
According to Vasseur they are gonna give him more opportunities to ride for himself as a sprinter an a one day racer. He probably earned that by outperforming Viviani whenever he actually got a chance to ride for himself on the hilly sprint stages.

I wonder if Cofidis will sign his sister as well, considering they'd otherwise might be missing a pair of Italian siblings next year.

Regarding Emilia, i think that ship has sailed, she is still good but seem to lack confidence to really stick her neck out even when she has the possibility and she is getting old (well kind of) and has one year left on her contract if remember correctly..
Its better better they go for younger talent that can grow, although they may lack a leader.

Rohan Dennis for 2 years to Jumbo-Visma. total shocker if you ask me, thought he had a nice time at Ineos...

Rohan Dennis for 2 years to Jumbo-Visma. total shocker if you ask me, thought he had a nice time at Ineos...

View: https://twitter.com/cyclingtakes/status/1401812487192911872?s=20

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS