• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 93 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But I guess you're not all wrong...
I hope that a good deal of the mental side can be sorted out at another team, though. He's never been the best at positioning, but he does have some very good speed. I think his main problems right now really are that he doesn't really like to get involved in the fighting stuff and also has very probably lost all confidence at this point. I don't know how they are going to work on this, though, I mean DQS has a psychologist... But Hodeg surely doesn't get along with PL and maybe he doesn't feel good in the team anymore, and maybe, if the Jakobsen incident also plays a role a switch of scenery can also help. :confused2: I just hope.
But I would have thought the probability of being the designated sprinter at a lower team higher. On the other hand as a clear lead-out there's no pressure to bring results, if that is a big problem.

Ya, maybe he's fine with being the leadout guy and the likely higher wages in the short term, but if he wants to be a sprinter, he might have been better off going to to a Spanish pro conti side and seeing can he make the most of the opportunities he'd get there.

I’d love to see Aquadro’s face when he realized one of his two go to teams is under new management and Gorka wants to go home.

LOL, so would I. In Gorka's case, if he's willing to negotiate the contract himself Movistar will work with him. They re-signed two or 3 riders who have Aquadro as their agent after they blacklisted him as the riders were willing to do the contracts themselves. Movistar, with how long they've been around, don't have problems negotiating directly with riders. Yes, it sounds like Gorka basically wants to go home.

Van Wilder and Team DSM split up. What is happening there at DSM??!!

Van Wilder and Team DSM split up. What is happening there at DSM??!!
Looks like Spekenbrink went kinda maniac.
Finally they've secured big long-term sponsorship and now they are ruining their whole team with their strictness and obsession.

Argos and later Sunweb used to be a sympathetic underdog team for developing talents like Kittel & Dumoulin. Lately like I said they've become fully wicked with their tactical inflexibility, obsession on stupid rules and especially invasiveness by strictly implying them.

Wonder whether Bardet even stays their for next year.

Looks like Spekenbrink went kinda maniac.
Finally they've secured big long-term sponsorship and now they are ruining their whole team with their strictness and obsession.

Argos and later Sunweb used to be a sympathetic underdog team for developing talents like Kittel & Dumoulin. Lately like I said they've become fully wicked with their tactical inflexibility, obsession on stupid rules and especially invasiveness by strictly implying them.

Wonder whether Bardet even stays their for next year.

Haven't there been stories for years about Sunweb basically treating their riders like children in a boarding school?

finn fisher black would join uae on 1 august

Backaert & De Backer (both B&B riders) retire at the end of the season. Backaert still quite young at only 31, but stalled after leaving Wanty and seems tired of the pro life.

Funny (or not), it seems the only way out of B&B is retirement or going back to the amateur ranks. In four years of history, every rider leaving the team, except for Lorrenzo Manzin retired. It seems Pacher and Coquard will be the heroes that join Manzin in the difficult quest of staying as a pro after wearing a B&B jersey.

TRENDING THREADS