• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vlasov to Bora confirmed by wielerflits.

Might just be me, but I tend to think that the only confirmations you can really 100% count on as confirmations are the ones made by the team in question.
And of course Bora can't confirm anything regarding Vlasov just yet.

Luca Colnaghi and Omar El Gouzi are both turning pro with Bardiani.

Colnaghi is a fast guy who can climb, a Matthews type of rider, while the Italian-Moroccan El Gouzi is a stage racer who's biggest strength seems to be his consistency (never really one of the strongest, but also never a bad day)

Bardiani has become a bit of a prospects graveyard over the last few years, but fingers crossed that a few of their prospects, like those 2 and Zoccarato, will make it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Might just be me, but I tend to think that the only confirmations you can really 100% count on as confirmations are the ones made by the team in question.
And of course Bora can't confirm anything regarding Vlasov just yet.
That's the reason why every year i try to propose a split to have a rumors thread and a confirmed transfer thread where you post only the ones officially annouced but instead we got only the thread infected by the screwed title virus...

• Wow
From the Ineos thread:

Lots of transfer rumours here:

G Thomas must accept a significant pay cut in order to stay. Other teams may offer him more money. Cofidis, Qhubeka and Trek all linked but Trek and Cofidis have denied interest.

Next year will be Porte's final season.

Dennis has signed a two year deal with Jumbo.

Wurf and Golas are both expected to leave and probably retire. Doull has already signed with another World Tour team. Basso will also leave.

Sosa is expected to leave. Movistar the favourites. Seb Henao also set to depart.

Castroveijo and Puccio are both expected to sign contract extensions. Swift, Moscon and Rivera's futures are all question marks.

The only new signing known about at the moment is Luke Plapp, a young Australian neo pro.

For one thing, I'm surprised by Doull leaving for another WT team. I thought he'd be a lifer like Rowe. Maybe he wants classics or sprint leadership, but if that was the case, I can't see a WT team offering that. He's 28 and has been pro since 2017, and has only two stage wins and two top-10s in "classics" (if Cadel Evans' race can be called one!).

BORA to take all 4-10 places in GC in the Tour next year.
If this happens, it would IMO be awful use of money. A bunch of highly paid riders who will probably rack up only a minimum of wins and end up as you say somewhere behind the podium in the GC. It would be better to sign only Almeida or Vlasov and spend the rest of the money to strengthen their classics team.

If this happens, it would IMO be awful use of money. A bunch of highly paid riders who will probably rack up only a minimum of wins and end up as you say somewhere behind the podium in the GC. It would be better to sign only Almeida or Vlasov and spend the rest of the money to strengthen their classics team.
If they're all in the same team, it's more likely they'll not all ride for GC and therefore have a good chance of winning some mountain stages. Also if you have plenty of good riders, someone will always have a good race, it's a much better place to be than to be all in for one guy who crashes out or underdeliver.
I think GTs, especially TdF, get more media exposure than classics, so not sure if it's better to spend money on classics. All of the best classics prospect are tied to other teams anyway. If we talk about cobbled classics and such, of course, of which there are very few in the calendar thus offering little return for the money. For mountainous classics, Almeida and Higuita seem like good prospects actually.
+ we don't know yet if they sign some classics riders too. But as I said, they're unlikely to build up a top classics team with riders who are on the market. You're not only limited by what you want to do but also who's available for you to sign. If there are more good climbers available on the market, it's rational to go for them.

Aimé De Gendt stays with Intermarché for another two years. They also signed Claeys from Qhubeka
Glad he is staying after an awful year.

Also i'm happy for Claeys, he deserves a few more years on the pack (especially considering he only had a 7 year career as a pro as of now).

As for Bora departures:
Baska, Bodnar, Peter Sagan, Juraj Sagan and Baska to Total DE.
Ackermann, Selig and Schwarzmann (last two is just my guess) to UAE.
Schillinger retires.

• Wow
Tadej staying with UAE until 2027!

I guess we won't be talking about him much in this thread :)
Don't worry. In two weeks time we will be discussing the news that he extended his contract through 2028.

Also his name will come up unavoidably as there will be rumours who UAE will sign to help him win more GTs. And maybe at some points there will be rumours that Ineos or someone else will want to buy his contract out.

I was thinking about Sebastian Henao.
Why not both?

Elsewhere, Esteban Chaves is set to leave Team BikeExchange and land at EF Education-Nippo as Jonathan Vaughters looks to replace Higuita. The American team have made a number of other shrewd moves over the summer, picking up riders from Ineos Grenadiers and below the WorldTour.
This is open for interpretation but might as well mean more than one rider from Ineos.

There's also this:
Leonardo Basso, Owain Doull, Sebastian Henao, Jhonathan Narvaez, Brandon Rivera, Ivan Sosa are all out of contract, with a number of them moving on