• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 109 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Correct me if I'm wrong. The minimum required amount of riders on a WorldTeam is 25, right? I got curious, and decided to check which teams could be operational, even if they didn't sign any more riders.

Ag2R - 27 (assuming they only have one Geoffrey Bouchard on contract for next year.)
Bora - 28
FDJ - 26
DSM - 27 (yes... yes... I know. Van Wilder reportedly wants to leave)
Trek - 25 (juuuuust there)
The minimum number of riders for a WT team is 27 since the 2020 season (was part of the latest reform).

Any news on Formolo?
I have no idea but the fact an extension wasn't announced today tells me he's got some other offers on the table.

Meanwhile, Movistar announces 2 year contract extensions for:
Juri Hollmann
Einer Rubio
Nelson Oliveira
Antonio Pedrero
Jorge Arcas
Carlos Verona.

Oh no, my nightmare. Quick, come up with a good nick for Luis-Joe Lührs.

You know what you have to do...

BORA now only has one spot left for next season. Schwarzmann hasn't been signed by UAE yet, Baska not by TDE either, and Burghardt hasn't announced he's retiring. So will they extend with one of those, sign a completely new rider or promote a third junior in (most likely Alexander Hajek)?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
You know what you have to do...

BORA now only has one spot left for next season. Schwarzmann hasn't been signed by UAE yet, Baska not by TDE either, and Burghardt hasn't announced he's retiring. So will they extend with one of those, sign a completely new rider or promote a third junior in (most likely Alexander Hajek)?
Jason Osborne is also rumoured... Will they only sign 30 riders? I think more riders are possible.

Well, someone has posted earlier in this thread that Jonas Rutsch was supposed to go to BORA IIRC.

I know, I know... I'm totally obsessed with the random Danes...

I noticed a few days ago that M. Norsgaard is listed on PCS as being with Movistar for 2022 and 2023 as well, and they're usually very strict about only adding riders when there has been an official announcement, not even doing it when it's basically an open secret - like Nibali to Trek. However, as far as I know, his contract expires after this season, and there hasn't been any extention?
Did they (PCS) just add two years to both Norsgaards, not realising it was only Emma who was given an extention?

I know, I know... I'm totally obsessed with the random Danes...

I noticed a few days ago that M. Norsgaard is listed on PCS as being with Movistar for 2022 and 2023 as well, and they're usually very strict about only adding riders when there has been an official announcement, not even doing it when it's basically an open secret - like Nibali to Trek. However, as far as I know, his contract expires after this season, and there hasn't been any extention?
Did they (PCS) just add two years to both Norsgaards, not realising it was only Emma who was given an extention?

I saw it listed as confirmed on Cycling Fever last week, but I can't find any announcement from neither the team or from himself, so I don't know who the original source is.