• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jason Osborne will ride as a stagiaire for Quick-Step.

He is the current e-sports world champion and won a silver medal in Tokio at the lightweight double sculls rowing event. He has no experience riding in the bunch but already showed good time trial skills at the german national championchips.

Wonder at what weight he will ride? He probably weighs close to 77 kgs when not cutting down right before a weigh-in. Lots of mass in the upper body to lose.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think Quintana has one more year to prove that he's still relevant at the WT. Unless he just wants to ride around Europe for a Pro Conti team. I've always liked the guy, never complains, but he's got some physical issues (knees), or just aging, that have left him unable to compete consistently since mid-2020. His position on the bike this year just looked really, really uncomfortable, like Pozzovivo levels of distress.

I could see him as a strong domestique and stage hunter if the situation is right. But I think any team that takes him would need to engage a great physiotherapist and orthopedist to really find out what's going on.

Regarding Dennis...I just don't see what he'll get at JV that he wasn't getting at Ineos. I think he's got the engine to compete in a lot of stage races short of the GT level but will Jumbo commit to supporting him? Hard to say. Of course he'l be able to go for TT wins or top placings but he was already doing that at Ineos.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
It's funny how you said that it would be a good fit and then only list reasons why it isn't a good fit. :)
Good fit because he would be the best sprinter so he should be able to be the sprint captain for some races. Maybe i should've insert a "but" after that, so everyone is able to understand me ;)

Edit: well, actualy i have so i dont get your point :worried: but off-topic..

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS