• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They didn't get all of them right. I wasn't sure if Mathiesen would continue her career either, but unlike Siggaard she's at least fit enough to race. Koppenburg is still injured though after her crash in the Giro, but she should be back for next season.

View: https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1440226555192504334

So they're gonna have both a Pilote Fortin, and a Fortin, but not a Pilote.

But now for the real question, that no one has been asking; are they vampires too?

Last edited:
Koppenburg is quite a coup for them, if the Tour has a good parcours for her it could be a very worthwhile investment. Something like the Côte de la Croix-Neuve would be ideal, non?

As for Juraj, I think more the questioning is that there was some thought that the reason Sagan had chosen TotalEnergies was that they were willing to accommodate all of his entourage as that had been reported as a sticking block in negotiations with other teams, so the assumption at least on my part was that TotalEnergies had agreed to take on the full entourage to keep him happy as they had more scope for it than some of the other teams suggested as possible landing spots for Peter.

Reactions: Sandisfan
As for Juraj, I think more the questioning is that there was some thought that the reason Sagan had chosen TotalEnergies was that they were willing to accommodate all of his entourage as that had been reported as a sticking block in negotiations with other teams, so the assumption at least on my part was that TotalEnergies had agreed to take on the full entourage to keep him happy as they had more scope for it than some of the other teams suggested as possible landing spots for Peter.

I'm concerned about the fate of the hospitality manager? Do they still have a job?

Yes it was interesting as back in May when P Lefevere mentioned that he wouldn't be signing Sagan he referenced the "Sagan +11" entourage and that Sagan's agent had suggested it could possibly be reduced to "Sagan+8", but then he'd heard another team was prepared to take them all. From that point the narrative seemed to be that the whole lot were going to TotalEnergies until the signing was actually announced and only some of them were confirmed to be joining them. Perhaps there weren't any teams prepared to take the full entourage after all.

Yes it was interesting as back in May when P Lefevere mentioned that he wouldn't be signing Sagan he referenced the "Sagan +11" entourage and that Sagan's agent had suggested it could possibly be reduced to "Sagan+8", but then he'd heard another team was prepared to take them all. From that point the narrative seemed to be that the whole lot were going to TotalEnergies until the signing was actually announced and only some of them were confirmed to be joining them. Perhaps there weren't any teams prepared to take the full entourage after all.
Lefevre should sign Juraj and make him a top classics rider

Regarding the situation with KMC Orbea and Koretzky, are you not allowed to ride for two uci registered teams, if one is a Road team and one is an MTB XC team. I believe you can with CX as british rider Thomas Mein rides for Tormans Wanty for cx and Canyon DHB for road.

Lucinda Brand rides CX for Baloise Trek Lions, and Road for Trek-Segefredo, though, I suppose that's different coz it's sort of the same family.
Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado rides CX for Alpecin-Fenix, and Road for Plantur-Pura.

And, yeah, it seems to me that above all the KMC Orbea team just wants to have "first shot" whenever there are scheduling conflicts between a road race, and a MTB race.

Lucinda Brand rides CX for Baloise Trek Lions, and Road for Trek-Segafredo, though, I suppose that's different coz it's sort of the same family.
Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado rides CX/MTB for Alpecin-Fenix, and Road for Plantur-Pura.

And, yeah, it seems to me that above all the KMC Orbea team just wants to have "first shot" whenever there are scheduling conflicts between a road race, and a MTB race.

Yes, both Trek teams fall under the TFR identity - and obviously there's no conflict. Similarly with Alpecin & Plantur; both owned by the same organisation.
This is completely different; two different teams, no common sponsors, different bikes......it's likely to be messy.

Yes, both Trek teams fall under the TFR identity - and obviously there's no conflict. Similarly with Alpecin & Plantur; both owned by the same organisation.
This is completely different; two different teams, no common sponsors, different bikes......it's likely to be messy.

I don't know, because Trek Factory Racing has their own cyclocross team (with Evie, Neff and Maddie Munro) and if they were owned by the same organisation as Baloise Trek Lions both teams wouldn't be allowed to race on the same road race (as Trek Factory men's and Baloise Trek Lions have done this year at least in Tour de Wallonie).

Apart from what many people tend to say: Yes, Juraj has only been a pro because of his brother, and no, he doesn't have WorldTour-level. Yes, he had one decent result in GW but over eleven years, that can't impress too much. One GT entered, OTL after a week.

And Baska never showed much either after a strong start.
I remember one great ride from Baska in the windy Worlds in the middle east that Sagan won from a few other strong sprinters from a pretty small group where his team had been unusually well represented.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS