• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lots of free agents available

I'm afraid we're going to see the exiting of sponsors coming next year due to the hardships of the Global Economy slowdown caused by the plan-demic

The first teams to fold will be with the lowest budgets and from there It'd be survival mode for many cyclists, DS, Mechanics & Staff......

Hopefully Qhubeka manages to find a sponsor again at the eleventh hour. Otherwise, it will possibly be the end of the line for many of their riders (with Gogl, Wisniowski and Claeys with their future already secured, i can only see Campy, Nizzolo, Pozzovivo, Clarke, Barbero and Walscheid with a realistic chance of finding a Pro Team in 2022)

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Hopefully Qhubeka manages to find a sponsor again at the eleventh hour. Otherwise, it will possibly be the end of the line for many of their riders (with Gogl, Wisniowski and Claeys with their future already secured, i can only see Campy, Nizzolo, Pozzovivo, Clarke, Barbero and Walscheid with a realistic chance of finding a Pro Team in 2022)
I think you're way too pessimistic.

No reason why someone like Sean Bennett couldn't sign with a team like Rally or Stokbro with Uno-X.

And Mauro Schmid is a 21 years old with a fairly impressive Giro stage win- he will surely be on the radar of some teams.

Ben Healy to EF confirmed:

a surprisingly interesting press release. he does seem like the type of rider Vaughters has always been keen on.

With those 9 they have 29 for next season. I think already 17 of those 29 have contract for 2023 (the 9 today + Hulgaard and Price-Pejtersen have only for 2022), so there is room for some bigger signings before 2023. Which would be necessary if they will manage to step up to WT.

The WT ambitions are for 2023, not for next year even if Quebeka is likely to fold.

With those 9 they have 29 for next season. I think already 17 of those 29 have contract for 2023 (the 9 today + Hulgaard and Price-Pejtersen have only for 2022), so there is room for some bigger signings before 2023. Which would be necessary if they will manage to step up to WT.

The WT ambitions are for 2023, not for next year even if Quebeka is likely to fold.
In that case, they would need som solid additions for 2023 if they are not be of the same lame quality as Quebeka is now. Mads Pedersen and Søren Kragh Andersen are the two best Danes/Norwegians without contract, but is that realistic? Kron, Skjelmose and Bjerg are probably more realistic alternatives, but would that be enough?

FirstCycling lists 30 riders: https://firstcycling.com/team.php?l=21843

The ambition was for 2023, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested in buying Qhubeka's license for 2022. I don't see it happening though. It will be hard in 2023, too, unless they buy a license, but that will also depend on whether Alpecin will accept theirs or not.

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS