• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kristoff, Jansen, Boasson Hagen, Carl Fredrik Hagen and Staune Mittet have no contract for 2023.
Foss, Leknessund, Eiking, Bystrøm, Hoelgaard and Hvideberg have contracts for 2023, but can be availible for 2024. Same with the Junior World Champion Hagenes.
Jansen would be good. Perhaps Carl Fredrik Hagen too. Don't want Boasson Hagen. I guess he would have a decent wage, but really don't see him contributing much anymore.

If I'm not wrong, both Carl Fredrik Hagen and especially Amund Grøndahl Jansen had great experiences working with Gino van Oudenhove (which UnoX signed from Quebeka earlier this autumn) in Team Joker, so I think that will count positive when it comes to the decision they have to make next year.
Kragh Andersen as the top signing supported by Bjerg and Grøndahl Jansen (and Tiller) in the classics would be an good starting point for a WT participation in 2023.

According to La Gazzetta Giovanni Carboni, Conci, Malucelli and Kevin Rivera will all join Gazprom.
Maybe they'll get more out of Carboni, he always gets his best results after riding the Giro, maybe his prep and schedule aren't perfect. Going to Gazprom could mean that you miss out on riding a gt, but overall they are probably better than Bardiani.

Omar Fraile is rumoured to join Ineos.
https://www.marca.com/ciclismo/2021/08/18/611d3568268e3ed56b8b4634.html

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
If I'm not wrong, both Carl Fredrik Hagen and especially Amund Grøndahl Jansen had great experiences working with Gino van Oudenhove (which UnoX signed from Quebeka earlier this autumn) in Team Joker, so I think that will count positive when it comes to the decision they have to make next year.

Reckon Grondahl Jansen will be on his way from Bike Exchange adter his contract finishes in 2022 - The team will be ticking down the days.

Gorka Izagirre signs with Movistar...

and BAM Astana responds lol
Joe Dombrowski signs with Astana

It's much better for Alpecin to stay as the no. one ProTeam and get all the invites they want, without having to ride every single WT race or having to pay a for WT license.

Yes, for them it makes total sense, but that's also what makes it ridiculous, obviously the system has a major flaw here. Of course you need the team and the confidence to know you'll get the results, but this is certainly not the way it's meant to be.

Didnt realize Mathias got renewed. I think he very much has earned it, he has been in some big breaks in some of the monuments and has shown hes an actual rider for these races (Flanders, Roubaix and MSR). Obviously most likely not winning, but has the potential to get some TV-time and decent results alá Erviti in those races for Movistar. It probably also helps that Emma Norsgaard, his sister, is one of the most interesting young riders in women's cycling (as far as I understand at least).

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't this the first time Abarcá has signed a Danish rider?