• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, for them it makes total sense, but that's also what makes it ridiculous, obviously the system has a major flaw here. Of course you need the team and the confidence to know you'll get the results, but this is certainly not the way it's meant to be.

Sure it's a hole in the system, and it's up to the UCI to close it. Though it's still better system that the old one.

Didnt realize Mathias got renewed. I think he very much has earned it, he has been in some big breaks in some of the monuments and has shown hes an actual rider for these races (Flanders, Roubaix and MSR). Obviously most likely not winning, but has the potential to get some TV-time and decent results alá Erviti in those races for Movistar. It probably also helps that Emma Norsgaard, his sister, is one of the most interesting young riders in women's cycling (as far as I understand at least).

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't this the first time Abarcá has signed a Danish rider?

According to Mathias Norsgaard pretty much all Movistar extensions were agreed upon during the first months of the year.
He got the offer himself after MSR.

I didn't know this, but Gert Frank apparently rode for Reynolds in its first season in 1980.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I totally forgot to post it but after he won the Giro del Piemonte, Rob Hatch on Eurosport seemed to hint at Matthew Walls and QuickStep - if I remember correctly, he said something like "imagine how he'd look in a different jersey, perhaps a QuickStep jersey".

According to PCS, he already has a contract with Bora through 2023, and DQ doesn't really strike me as a team that buys riders out of contracts - if I remember correctly, Bennett didn't actually have a contract with Bora for last year, they'd just made a spoken agreement.

According to PCS, he already has a contract with Bora through 2023, and DQ doesn't really strike me as a team that buys riders out of contracts - if I remember correctly, Bennett didn't actually have a contract with Bora for last year, they'd just made a spoken agreement.

Yeah, I thought it was odd. They have enough sprinters without needing to sign a guy who has two wins this season and might just be the next Dan McLay.

• Wow
Yeah, I thought it was odd. They have enough sprinters without needing to sign a guy who has two wins this season and might just be the next Dan McLay.
Well according to Lefevre's article in Het Nieuwsblad, another BC academy rider Ethan Vernon is joining them. He's got quite a handy sprint, looking at his win in l'Avenir. He's also a strong TTer with a 7th this year in Brugge.

I guess Walls will be second sprinter on Bora next year with Sagan and Ackermann leaving and Bennett joining?

Last edited:
Well according to Lefevre's article in Het Nieuwsblad, another BC academy rider Ethan Vernon is joining them. He's got quite a handy sprint, looking at his win in l'Avenir. He's also a strong TTer with a 7th this year in Brugge.

I guess Walls will be second sprinter on Bora next year with Sagan and Ackermann leaving and Bennett joining?
I imagine Walls will have to battle it out alongside Meeus, the latter already rode a GT and is probably one step ahead in his development.

Lefevre told in his last column the team has 1 open spot in their roster for next season, in a group of 29. I seemed they have renewed a lot of riders without communicate yet.

Cav will be next week, they speaking about plans for cav after his carreer.

They are extending almost everyone on current roster (i only have doubts about Garrison, who had nothing to show during his two years at the "Wolfpack"). Everyone else will certainly extend.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
They are extending almost everyone on current roster (i only have doubts about Garrison, who had nothing to show during his two years at the "Wolfpack"). Everyone else will certainly extend.
Yes, Ballerini, Fausto, Cattaneo, Bagioli, Steels all should renew. I don't know about Garrison, he is young. I'm also not sure about Knox because he showed very little this year compared to 2019 and 2020. But i guess they know how strong he can be.

Yes, Ballerini, Fausto, Cattaneo, Bagioli, Steels all should renew. I don't know about Garrison, he is young. I'm also not sure about Knox because he showed very little this year compared to 2019 and 2020. But i guess they know how strong he can be.

I also think Knox should be one of the most doubtful, but he's a dedicated helper and not bad, so if he rides for small money he shouldn't have a problem to get a contract with them...
Garrison... could be problematic, unless there were reasons like health issues which held him back, which I don't know about. Hope they are all fine.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
In 2016 Richie Porte moved to BMC but seemingly also extended with Sky to help Froome.
In the 2017 CdD, Froome literally stabbed Richie in the back by attacking him when he had the lead. Fuglsang ended up winning the gc. Richie was crying like me to my family "After all I've fing done for you". It's going to be a long off-season. I might have to get to know the wife and kids.

TRENDING THREADS