• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 127 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That wouldn't make any sense to me. He's basically old washed up Kuss and no other real qualities. On his good day he's the 20th best climber in the race. Such sort of riders are not very good when they decline.

Also he's not from the old Rabo team.
That's a bit too harsh for a guy who was 6th at Vuelta just a year ago while doing a very good 2021 TdF.

I would prefer Poels over Kruijswijk who is not a dependable domestique and is better leading / co-leading Giro Squad.

That's a bit too harsh for a guy who was 6th at Vuelta just a year ago while doing a very good 2021 TdF.

I would prefer Poels over Kruijswijk who is not a dependable domestique and is better leading / co-leading Giro Squad.

Agree that Kruijswijk is increasingly erratic when it comes to form and reliability as a domestique. But replacing him with an even more erratic Poels surely isn't the answer.

Last edited:
I would never have thought Price-Pejtersen would move to Bahrain.

That one definitely took me by surprise. Mainly because it's no longer ago than the World's he stated he was going to uphold his contract with Uno-X.

finally a brazilian back in the pro peloton..
Vinicius Rangel confirmed Movistar

And, as a plus, he also has a cool name. :cool:

Reactions: Sandisfan
Fernando Barceló to Caja Rural is potentially interesting. He looked like the next Spanish wonderkid a few years ago, getting that result at the Vuelta a Asturias (3rd on Acebo behind Quintana and Balarcón) and being under Contador's wing, but stagnated badly first at Euskadi-Murias and then at Cofidis. He's still only 24, so although he has a bit of a stench of reclamation project about him, if he can show a bit more of what he showed back then there's still time for him to turn into a reasonable top tier rider, if not the rider he was originally projected to become.