• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Barta to Movistar Is official.

So that’s two contracts torn up for riders to sign with Astana since Nibali the Lesser had already extended with Trek.
Movistar have made a few nice signings with with the money that Soler and MAL have freed up.
Barta, Ivan Ramiro Sosa, Kanter, Oscar Rodriguez, Gorka Izagirre and Aranburu are all good signing.
They also have Lazkano and Vinicius Rangel for the future, if Abner Gonzalez and Einer Rubio continue to improve they have a really nice team. Not to mention Mühlberger, who should be good now that he has recovered from Meningitis that pretty much ruined his whole season.

Movistar have made a few nice signings with with the money that Soler and MAL have freed up.
Barta, Ivan Ramiro Sosa, Kanter, Oscar Rodriguez, Gorka Izagirre and Aranburu are all good signing.
They also have Lazkano and Vinicius Rangel for the future, if Abner Gonzalez and Einer Rubio continue to improve they have a really nice team. Not to mention Mühlberger, who should be good now that he has recovered from Meningitis that pretty much ruined his whole season.

Are they loosing Alba ?
Any idea where Cataldo and Villela will end up ? retired

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Are they loosing Alba ?
Any idea where Cataldo and Villela will end up ? retired
Alba really hasn't delivered in the pro ranks, I could see why they let him go.
No idea about Cataldo, I'd keep him as a road captain for the young guys who they will probably send to the Giro.
Villella is a frustrating rider, he pretty much only performs at the end of the season and mainly when his contract is up.
Back in 2013 the guy won the Giro della Valle d'Aosta, the Piccolo Giro di Lombardia, 6th in the u23 WC RR and finished 3rd in both the Coppa Sabatini and the Giro dell' Emilia as a trainee.

Alba really hasn't delivered in the pro ranks, I could see why they let him go.
No idea about Cataldo, I'd keep him as a road captain for the young guys who they will probably send to the Giro.
Villella is a frustrating rider, he pretty much only performs at the end of the season and mainly when his contract is up.
Back in 2013 the guy won the Giro della Valle d'Aosta, the Piccolo Giro di Lombardia, 6th in the u23 WC RR and finished 3rd in both the Coppa Sabatini and the Giro dell' Emilia as a trainee.

Just pure speculation but i wouldn't be surprised if Cataldo returns to Astana.

Reactions: Sandisfan