• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Benoot could win more as a domestique for Van Aert than as a leader at any other team. He will have a bigger shot at being able to win from a late attack, with nobody wanting to drag Van Aert to the line, than he would have in case he was riding for himself as a leader at any team. He is borderline incapable of winning most races, because he isn't good enough to drop others and he can't sprint for sht. Moving to JV makes most sense, because he can't only help Van Aert in classics, he can also help Roglic in classics and GC. Benoot is a very capable climber, which is why i have been saying he should have been going after GC's more the past few years (considering he can't win classics or stages). But since he also sucks at TT him being a superdomestique for Van Aert and Roglic makes sense for all parties involved. For the team, for the teamleaders, as well as for him. He can come closer to winning something from that role and financially he won't do worse i imagine.

Benoot could win more as a domestique for Van Aert than as a leader at any other team. He will have a bigger shot at being able to win from a late attack, with nobody wanting to drag Van Aert to the line, than he would have in case he was riding for himself as a leader at any team. He is borderline incapable of winning most races, because he isn't good enough to drop others and he can't sprint for sht. Moving to JV makes most sense, because he can't only help Van Aert in classics, he can also help Roglic in classics and GC. Benoot is a very capable climber, which is why i have been saying he should have been going after GC's more the past few years (considering he can't win classics or stages). But since he also sucks at TT him being a superdomestique for Van Aert and Roglic makes sense for all parties involved. For the team, for the teamleaders, as well as for him. He can come closer to winning something from that role and financially he won't do worse i imagine.

I agree, Jumbo Visma is ideal for him. I saw some Belgian newspapers saying LTS was also an option, but I don't think that would be a good match if he still wants to focus on flemish classics. The team already has too many riders that are strong, but just not strong enough to drop or even follow the best and can't sprint. Just another guy that needs to anticipate. Also only 1 spot left and i would prefer someone else for that spot (atleast if they keep their plans of a total of 27 riders), you know who ;)

If he wants to focus more on the harder, more hilly classics, I would be fine with it tho. Enough freedom there with Lotto with only Kron being actually decent at it and maybe Wellens if he actually tries climbing again (serious doubt).

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS