• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 143 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alexandre Vinokourov - and some others - to Astana Qazaqstan.

Apart from the twins, the most interesting rider here is probably Garofoli, another one leaving the DSM ship early.

A new CT team in Italy, Team Corratec. They have signed Davide Baldaccini, Stefano Gandin e Giulio Masotto, gli under Alessandro Iacchi, Simone Olivero and Oscar Tellez and the former pros Veljko Stojnic from Vini Zabu and Rajovic, who used to ride for Delko.
https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article/2021/11/30/1638219916/parsani-team-corratec-nuova-squadra
I'm surprised that no PCT team picked up Rajovic, he's only 24 years old and a rouleur with a good sprint.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Alexander Hajek will start his career in the Elites with Trinity Racing.

Looking forward to see his evolution.

Siebe Roesems (5th in Lombardia U23), Marco Schrettl, Adrien Boichis (Junior MTB World Champ), Camilo Gomez (Silver Medal Junior MTB World Champs), Aidan Lawrence, Lukas Nerurkar and Kevin McCambridge are the other transfers.

Qhubeka seems to have officially died, which means Pozzovivo can finally return to Bardiani.
Both DSM teams will apparently be Dutch registered once again, and all six applicants have received WWT licences.

Qhubeka seems to have officially died, which means Pozzovivo can finally return to Bardiani.
Both DSM teams will apparently be Dutch registered once again, and all six applicants have received WWT licences.

According to that press release Arkea will get mandatory invitations to all WT races. Quintana to the Giro?

According to that press release Arkea will get mandatory invitations to all WT races. Quintana to the Giro?
Fantastic news for Arkea and yes, I think Quintana will go for the giro GC now. There he will have a last shot for a good GC result.

According to the article the third ranked Total Energies will get an invitation to all World Tour one day races. So Sagan can also ride all big one day races, which he wants to ride without hoping for a Wildcard..

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it seems retirement is more likely.

---

Is there any particular reason Alpecin isn't just given WT status? Or, rather; is there any particular reason they might not want it? Haven't they already declared their intention to ride every damn WT race? They're acting like a frikkin' WT team anyway...

---

Is there any particular reason Alpecin isn't just given WT status? Or, rather; is there any particular reason they might not want it? Haven't they already declared their intention to ride every damn WT race? They're acting like a frikkin' WT team anyway...

It's still a better deal to stay a ProTeam rather than moving up, as long as the sponsors/owners get the results and exposure they want. It would be stupid to pay for a licence they don't actually need.

---

Well last year, pre-corona they said they could do all they want and wouldn't have to go on all-out expensive shitraces like Guangxi and Down Under where they have no sponsor interests.

Edit: I don't mean Down Under is *** (Guangxi I do mean it), but if you have zero sponsor interests in a country that far and have to pay a shitton to get there it's always more interesting if you don't have to go.

Well last year, pre-corona they said they could do all they want and wouldn't have to go on all-out expensive shitraces like Guangxi and Down Under where they have no sponsor interests.

Edit: I don't mean Down Under is *** (Guangxi I do mean it), but if you have zero sponsor interests in a country that far and have to pay a shitton to get there it's always more interesting if you don't have to go.

Ahh... I forgot about TDU and Guangxi. Probably due to the fact that none of them happened this year.

All the other ProTeams would be pack fodder at at least one GT (and a bunch of other races) if they were auto-invited to everything, so the alternative isn't too appealing either.

No but then they can decline on an invitation, leaving more wild card spots, like what Total did wrt the Giro in 2019. Actually, that might be my biggest problem with the current structure. Why can there only be two WC teams in a GT?

TRENDING THREADS