• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 150 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Van Baarle to UAE would make a lot of sense. They have very good climbing domestiques, Majka, Formolo, Soler, Bennett, McNulty and good rouleurs, Bjerg, Laengen, Trentin but they are lacking a world class rouleur on their Tour team with the added bonus that he is able to climb pretty well too.

On top of that they would have a proper leader for the cobbled classics and perhaps doing a duo with Pogačar on RVV.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if he stays with Ineos.

Now I don't know if the rules have been changed since or if it made a difference that Stewart's contract probably wasn't transfered to a different company. Maybe it's because a different anti doping authority will be testing him from now if he's going to reside in another country.

But surely teams are generally allowed to let new signees ride WT races immediatly. Otherwise they couldn't bring new riders to TDU.

But surely teams are generally allowed to let new signees ride WT races immediatly. Otherwise they couldn't bring new riders to TDU.
there was an issue when Lambrecht moved up to WT a couple of years ago. As far as I know, the rules are still the same:

So you need to be on the bio passport for 6 weeks before you can do a WT race. It's mandatory for WT and PT teams, but not for continental teams. To be honest, I thought Bike Aid was still part of it as well, as they are listed as one of the teams which "contribute to the programme for the fight against doping ". But maybe that doesn't necessarily mean that they use ADAMS (while Groupama Devo probably does, going by the Stewart example).

Or Bike Aid does, but Bardiani messed up the period in between. No idea.

Maybe an issue with time required to setup a user on the database/create him an account/have all the process created in time to notify the athlete of certain steps?

Usually there is at least a month between the time someone signs with a team and the season starts. Now we are less than two weeks from the start of the Giro.

Last year Ponomar for example started his contract with Androni on the 7th of february and only started racing on 20th march.

Carlos Barbero and Reinardt Janse van Rensburg to Lotto Soudal for the remainder of the season. Both were out of contract after Qhubeka folding at the end of last year.

Source: Het Nieuwsblad

The chat around this seems to be for WT points, but I suspect it's more down to how thin their roster has ended up with injury/illness, starting with min. number of guys etc - Barbero and JvR don't strike me as points hoovers.

Poor Malecki, he had a promising 2020 and now he seems on the verge of retirement unless a polish team picks him up and manages to rebuild from there.

Regarding Reinardt Van Rensburg, given how poorly Lotto is doing and the points allocation he might very well finish as one of the team Top10 scorers. I'm glad he manages to keep on riding for another year.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan