• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 153 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
3 serious contenders to sign Carapaz.
Inoes, Movistar and EF. he will make his choice after the Giro.
The Ecuadorian would thus be the replacement for Uran to play the GCs, the latter could retire at the end of the year
I also saw that EF could recruit Narvaez and Kangert. However, I don't have any information on my side.

My understanding is that Kangert could retire - Lets wait and see.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
So Ineos could lose Carapaz, Martinez and Van Baarle while Bernal's return to the old form is uncertain.

Quite a reshuffle and they need to be smart about new contracts if they want to retain their current strength.

I think they're mostly building around Pidcock, with Sheffield, Turner, Tulett already there. Also Rodriguez, Plapp, Hayter are young and have a nice future ahead.

Reactions: hayneplane
Still a bit harsh from my perspective. Even if he did not win that much, he was by far Ineos' best and most consistent rider in week-long stage races last year, with Bernal and Carapaz mainly focusing on GTs. He won Catalunya, was 2nd in UAE, 4th in Itzulia, 4th in the Vuelta and 3rd in Lombardia. That brought them a whole lot of UCI points.

Anyways, I also think that he did not achieve as much as Ineos had hoped for.
For anyone bar Pogacar and Roglic that is a very strong season especially considering when he signed he stated he was not looking for Grand Tour leadership yet still got a Vuelta top 5.

News on the new Italian cycling team p/b Davide Cassani
Head sponsor: Coffé Borbone (coffee-brand)
Bikes: Bianchi
Riders so far: Ulissi - Fedeli & Trentin

The 1st 2 kinda make sense but I have a hard time believing Trentin would opt for a Proconti Italian team the coming years.

• Wow
Reactions: noob

The 1st 2 kinda make sense but I have a hard time believing Trentin would opt for a Proconti Italian team the coming years.

Yeah just no way Trentin goes on to ride for a team that won't be riding the classics.

Reactions: pastronef

He will be 33 later this year.

Maybe he just want to ride closer to home and be with his family more. There are still a lot of Italian races he can win and be competitive in.

Another Slovenian goes to Bahrain, that will make 4 along with Mohoric, Tratnik and Novak.
"Bahrain Victorious are pleased to announce the signing of young Slovenian rider Matevž Govekar from Tirol KTM Cycling Team from the 1st of June. "

View: https://twitter.com/BHRVictorious/status/1529146604330049540?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1529146604330049540%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.24ur.com%2F

Even without results to back it up, this kind of names sound cool and fearsome at once lately

When I look at Wanty's roster, I don't see any riders who I would expect to have high contracts besides Kristoff and Girmay, so it would be disappointing if they can't even afford to keep what they have.

Before this season everyone but Kristoff and maybe Meintjes & Taco was probably on a relatively low contract. The only way to keep Girmay was to give him a ton of money. Then there is Hermans who came 2nd in a monument, he's not extending if you don't give him a big raise. Hirt just won a Giro stage and has been really valuable the whole season, he doubled his worth. Devriendt is also out of contract and he got 4th in Roubaix.

You simply can't keep them all or their budget needs to get significantly bigger. And it probably did get bigger to atleast keep Girmay and Hermans.

I don't think Devriendt is going to command tons of money. Probably a tad better than his current contract but I wouldn't expect him to earn much more money. He was 4th in Roubaix and it was a good peformance, but I think it is more of an outlier rather than a true increase in his performance and value.

Hermans, Hirt, Ghirmay did earn a bigger paycheck.

TRENDING THREADS