• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And here's the article:

Of course, it probably wasn't a coincidence that he revealed it - at least to us Danes - in that TV programme yesterday. He'd signed the contract just before the programme went on air, so all it would have taken was someone from the team to poke Bak and/or Staghøj - maybe with a long stick, if they wanted to maintain the bubble - and tell them to ask him about his contract.

Reactions: Sandisfan
And here's the article:

Of course, it probably wasn't a coincidence that he revealed it - at least to us Danes - in that TV programme yesterday. He'd signed the contract just before the programme went on air, so all it would have taken was someone from the team to poke Bak and/or Staghøj - maybe with a long stick, if they wanted to maintain the bubble - and tell them to ask him about his contract.

No, it was definitely a slip of the tongue moment. He meant to say he had been playing the lottery extensively for two years, but the words didn't come out right, and then he just rolled with it because he had too much pride.

• Haha
Not a rumour per se, but in the cross season there were rumours about 2020 u23 world CX champ Fem van Empel joining Jumbo Visma. I wonder if that is actually happening as she looked really good at the Thüringen Rundfahrt and then finished 3rd in the u23 European champs today in a small group sprint.

I guess the fact that she has a contract for the rest of the year means she won't get a new team before January, but let's see if JV or others buy her out for the start of the CX season.

In other CX/road rumours, I've read that Gaia Realini might be on her way to Trek.

I guess the fact that she has a contract for the rest of the year means she won't get a new team before January, but let's see if JV or others buy her out for the start of the CX season.

In other CX/road rumours, I've read that Gaia Realini might be on her way to Trek.
Interesting. If that happens I wonder whether she will do the same as Brand, Van Anrooij (who actually won the u23 euros rr) and soon Nys if she continues CX.

Interesting. If that happens I wonder whether she will do the same as Brand, Van Anrooij (who actually won the u23 euros rr) and soon Nys if she continues CX.

It seems to be a pretty done deal. In this pre-Giro interview, she was asked how it felt to have signed a two-year contract with Trek, but she obviously had to answer that she couldn't reveal which WWT team she's going to yet.

You wouldn't expect Trek to have anything against her continuing to ride both disciplines. I don't know how good a CX rider she can ever become, but the training and racing should be helpful for a rider of her size.

Is this in reference to Fem van Empel, or Andre the Gaiant?

Surely it must be in reference to Andre the Gaiant©.

Is this in reference to Fem van Empel, or Andre the Gaiant?
Andre the Gaiant. I feel/hope Jumbo would be quite flexible with van Empel as they appear to be with van Aert and Vos. There again they haven't (unless it was a choice on the riders side) with the likes of Teunissen and the van Dijke twins. I wonder if he hadn't had the bad accident in Pays Basque whether Vader would ride a decent amount of XC, as van Empel also is doing that in the summer.

TRENDING THREADS