• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is Lorena Wiebes' agent Jorge Mendes or something, holy crap. She signs a contract to break another contract which she already signed (like, a week earlier) which offers her more money and the option to break the contract to sign another one for more money.

Its a worry that allegedly Wiebes is receiving 400K when the currently best paid rider in the peleton AVV is receiving 250 to 300K - Of course AVV has thrid party deals and endorsements which pushes her wage closer to a million - BUT still a sprinter ( albeit clearly the fastest ) recieves more money than well rounded riders.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Last year I successfully predicted that Julie Leth would join Uno-X. It wasn't really a huge bombshell though. My bet this year is that Uno-X will unite the silver duo by signing Amalie Dideriksen.

Congratulations! You win the right to pat yourself on your back and say "I'm awesome! :cool:"

295986182_474799654647109_7091463808703250828_n.jpg

Its a worry that allegedly Wiebes is receiving 400K when the currently best paid rider in the peleton AVV is receiving 250 to 300K - Of course AVV has thrid party deals and endorsements which pushes her wage closer to a million - BUT still a sprinter ( albeit clearly the fastest ) recieves more money than well rounded riders.
Perhaps the thing be worried about is that there are too many sprints and that is giving too much visibility on the road to riders who belong to the track.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
What's he won with all the opportunities he's had at FdJ

And what has FdJ won in the last 10 years? One monument with Pinot?

I see others has already responded to this about the results.

Could it be that he just likes being at FDJ though? That it is a good environment? There a lot of factors that goes into the decision if you are staying at a team or an employer, instead of going somewhere else simply for money. Now FDJ probably matched other offers, or they compromised enough, so he is being rewarded after a great season and they are happy to keep him. Everybody wins.

Going from a place where you are performing, you are treated good and you are valued is no easy decision. There are so many aspects to consider in life. I wouldnt say that shows "lack of ambition" at all. Especially since he is a leader for the team in a lot of races already. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Grass aint always greener and those sort of sayings.

Ambition can be a great force but is also something that can be insatiable for a lot of people, because most people in reality are just looking for fulfillment. Some are never satisfied, even how far they come and not happy at all because they never feel like they are being fulfilled or have any purpose.

Last edited:
Did not see this one coming...

There were rumours about it.

What's up with Wanty's budget. How much of an increase did they get lol. No way Rui Costa is cheap, even tho he hasn't performed in a long time.
And neither is Teunissen.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan

You could have looked real smart if you'd predicted that signing yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
There were rumours about it.

What's up with Wanty's budget. How much of an increase did they get lol. No way Rui Costa is cheap, even tho he hasn't performed in a long time.
And neither is Teunissen.
I think Costa was cheap precisely because he's clearly on the downside of his career. His best days were nearly a decade ago.

Teunissen is a good pickup, at worst an excellent helper for Ghirmay, at best he makes the final of a bunch of minor one day races.

TRENDING THREADS