• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 173 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know. And Bora seem to be doing it right because I dont think there is a lot of pressure on these guys, not even on Uijtdebroeckx. But still I would have expected Herzog to do at least a year extra at Auto Eder.
But Herzog isn't a junior anymore next year and Auto Eder is a junior team. As long as Bora doesn't have a U23 development team, they will have problems choosing whether to contract top junior riders directly for the pro team or let them go elsewhere with the risk losing them.

But Herzog isn't a junior anymore next year and Auto Eder is a junior team. As long as Bora doesn't have a U23 development team, they will have problems choosing whether to contract top junior riders directly for the pro team or let them go elsewhere with the risk losing them.

Ah damn, i forgot that they are only a junior team and don't have a U23 as of yet. Makes perfect sense then to sign him! :)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Couldn't he go to a Specialized feeder team (as Hajek did this year)? A few months ago Herzog said that he thought going straight to the WT could not be as beneficial as doing a year in a U23 team.

Couldn't he go to a Specialized feeder team (as Hajek did this year)? A few months ago Herzog said that he thought going straight to the WT could not be as beneficial as doing a year in a U23 team.
Yes he can. Most beneficial would be a Bora development CT where he also could join the pro team in some pro races. The higher the level, the more benefit, unless the difference is too big. It also depends on character: if winning is your main motivation, 1 or 2 U23 years is more fun.

Lol I count seven british neopros already for next year. Just a matter of time until all-british man top tens in GTs. How did the UK Great British Islands become number #1 for developing talent?

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/GroupamaFDJ/status/1554801645837582336

The whole FDJ conti core is going to be WT next year. I know a few have been announced, but to see everybody who is going up in one post is helpful.
Sooo... Alaphilippe jnr and Gaudu jnr jnr, some italians for charitable reasons, the next George Bennett, the next next George Bennett and a replacement for Marc Fournier. Samuel Watson could have something special, not sure what, but looked real impressive in Quatre jours de Dunkerque.

Ag2R to announce their signing of Tronchon in

Also, some random thoughts about the FDJ mass promotion:

Is this some sort of record for most (first year) neo-pros in a year?
I suppose we can expect announcements of new riders to the conti-team soon, coz... they haven't got many riders left!
Otoh, I don't think we're gonna see that many "outsiders" - pros from other teams - unless pretty much all of the "contract expires" guys are on their way out.

Last edited:

Wanty continue to making business early.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it hasn't been mentioned here, Oscar Onley, Max Poole and Hannes Wilksch are getting promoted from DSM Development's Development team to the main DSM Development team.
Also, I've forgot to mention yesterday in my post that Total is being linked with Gaviria.

Wanty continue to making business early.

Still pending the announcement of Calmejane and Herregodts.

There is a fifth belgian that will make the step up to WT according to their press release (De Pooter, Paquot, Rex, Herregodts).

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it hasn't been mentioned here, Oscar Onley, Max Poole and Hannes Wilksch are getting promoted from DSM Development's Development team to the main DSM Development team.
Also, I've forgot to mention yesterday in my post that Total is being linked with Gaviria.

Hmm, I think Gaviria and Sagan are quite good friends, so that would make sense (not that Sagan really has the level anymore to be in charge of who they should or shouldn't sign).

Lol I count seven british neopros already for next year. Just a matter of time until all-british man top tens in GTs. How did the UK Great British Islands become number #1 for developing talent?

it comes from way back. from the Olympics 2008, then London 2012, the investments and the budgets of Sky (the sponsor, not the team) the national lottery, and HSBC.
the hard racing there and all the youngsters starting from the track and going on to the road. we're 10 years from Wiggo's TDF win. that 2012 year made things even faster.
the foundation was already there. the talents came out, at home. for example the situation here in Italy is not good. no WT team, just one, ONE indoor velodrome, sponsor and funds come and go. what GB built in the last 10-14 years is huge.

And Arne Marit...

Thanks, wasn't aware of that signing. Marit had a very promising 2021, it is a good addittion.

Do you know where is Devriendt headed? He was supposed to be leaving the team.

Apart from the seven departures officially confirmed (Hirt, Pasqua, Kristoff, Van Melsen, Claeys, Hermans and Van Kessel), I guess Devriendt, Planckaert, Bakelants and Delacroix are leaving, so they would have room for two additional recruitments.

• Wow
it comes from way back. from the Olympics 2008, then London 2012, the investments and the budgets of Sky (the sponsor, not the team) the national lottery, and HSBC.
the hard racing there and all the youngsters starting from the track and going on to the road. we're 10 years from Wiggo's TDF win. that 2012 year made things even faster.
the foundation was already there. the talents came out, at home. for example the situation here in Italy is not good. no WT team, just one, ONE indoor velodrome, sponsor and funds come and go. what GB built in the last 10-14 years is huge.
It really is and not a surprise anymore. Is there a calendar with youth races there or is everyone with talent going to europe early? In the under 23 races there's always british riders starting for french or italian teams and the british under 23 teams have enough resources to travel to a lot of good races. For sure the best country for developing riders now, maybe France too.

TRENDING THREADS