• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 180 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bike Exchange renew Hamilton, Scotson and Durbridge - Colleoni will get another year - By my reckoning they have 5 to seven spots on their roster.

Probably it's down to 3-4.

On PCS they list 23 riders for 2023 with a confirmed contract. Add Colleoni and I guess both Dion Smith and Howson are extending and that brings the number to 26. Edmonson is well established in the team, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

Are Cam Meyer and Jack Bauer retiring?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Probably it's down to 3-4.

On PCS they list 23 riders for 2023 with a confirmed contract. Add Colleoni and I guess both Dion Smith and Howson are extending and that brings the number to 26. Edmonson is well established in the team, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

Are Cam Meyer and Jack Bauer retiring?

Meyer is gone - I doubt Edmondson will be offered another contract with the arrival of Reinders - Unsure about Bauer, while D.Smith has been given a poor program in the last two years - I assume Howson will stay but this will be influenced by S.Yates - Grondahl Jansen is an interesting case - Was awful in 2021, however he has improved in 2022 riding alongside Groenewegen.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Roku
Amanda Spratt will ride for Trek in the next two seasons. It seems they're bulding a stronger team for the mountains and hilly races.

FDJ-SUEZ has signed Gladys Verhulst and current Zwift WC Loes Adegeest, but It seems they are saying goodbye to Emilia Fahlin. They've also announced today that Jade Wiel has learned to braid to her own hair, which will make it easier for her teammates.

AG Insurance - NXTG has signed a Belgian talent in former BMX rider Marthe Goossens.

JV has signed Morten Nørtoft, a 19-year old Danish rider with the same height as Vingegaard, for their devo team, and DSM has extended the contract with the other Romain

What will they do with the UAE Tour?
20220814_113140993_ios.jpg

What so underwhelming about it? Arndt, for example, seems to me like a rider that would be useful to every single team out there and I find Rajovic an intriguing rider that I liked to see in a bigger team (bonus points for being the only rider I know about from his country).
Arndt leading out Bauhaus has the potential to be a top level combination.
Rajovic is a rouleur with a good sprint. I really expected him to find a PCT team for this season, so it's nice to see him again on more than a CT team.
I'm intrigued by what they'll get out of Kepplinger, a rower who started riding on the side in 2020 and only became a proper cyclist during May 2021. This year Austria and Slovenia rode their NC ITTs together and he put over 30sec into Polanc and finished ahead of Brändle. Everyone seems to have nothing but praise for his engine.

Last edited:
No investment , no infrastructure, no interest in cycling. Most of the focus is on mainstream team sports... And then of course there's Djokovic which made many people to start to like tennis. I guess that's what is needed, someone to achieve some very good results to make other people and especially children notice and get interested in cycling. I mean there are Tour de Serbie, Belgrade-Banjaluka but despite all the hilly/mountainous terrain available, these races are always flat because nobody really cares. Not to mention that most of my friends laugh at me because I follow cycling lol. Rajovic is not going to change that but hopefully one day...