• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 181 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No investment , no infrastructure, no interest in cycling. Most of the focus is on mainstream team sports... And then of course there's Djokovic which made many people to start to like tennis. I guess that's what is needed, someone to achieve some very good results to make other people and especially children notice and get interested in cycling. I mean there are Tour de Serbie, Belgrade-Banjaluka but despite all the hilly/mountainous terrain available, these races are always flat because nobody really cares. Not to mention that most of my friends laugh at me because I follow cycling lol. Rajovic is not going to change that but hopefully one day...

Yeah, Rajovic is of course no Roglic or Pogacar.

When I was a kid, nobody in my life really got what I found so great about cycling, either (except my parents). Let's just say that that has changed now.

Yeah, Rajovic is of course no Roglic or Pogacar.

When I was a kid, nobody in my life really got what I found so great about cycling, either (except my parents). Let's just say that that has changed now.
Really? I thought CSC and Bjarne Riis made it quite mainstream in the early 00s. As I recall it, I became interested in cycling because my best friend was obsessed with it, and for the WC in 2011, I went there and saw it with three other friends from elementary school. I've always been surrounded by at least some that followed the sport, everywhere.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Really? I thought CSC and Bjarne Riis made it quite mainstream in the early 00s. As I recall it, I became interested in cycling because my best friend was obsessed with it, and for the WC in 2011, I went there and saw it with three other friends from elementary school. I've always been surrounded by at least some that followed the sport, everywhere.

When I was in my first primary school from 0th to 7th grade, there was nobody else who followed it. Then in the 8th grade that changed somewhat but in high school there wasn't really anyone again.

• Wow
Damn, Jumbo is so strong this season. But they will get even better next year...
Who should beat this team?
The classic team gets even better with van Baarle now in... Will be hard to beat them in the spring now.

For the Tour de France team I wonder who one of them could replace?

Van Baarle for van Hooydonck?
Keldermann for Kruiswijk who was good this year, but gets older?

Also already rumoured, but still didn´t believe it.

Biggest move this season.
Reading between the lines, I was pretty sure the rumours were not made up.

And I think Vaughters was plannig this for a few years. When they signed Caicedo, they even wrote that it was Carapaz who recommended him to the team, which was a pretty weird thing to include on the official website. And when EF signed Cepeda and there were rumours about signing Amador, it made it pretty clear for me that they made some transfers to appease Carapaz and it could have been one of the reasons why he signed with EF instead of one of the richer teams.

Kelderman is in my eyes the perfect domestique for the duo captain Jonas/Roglic tactic. A guy that can make long pulls on mixed terrain relatively late into GT stages. kruijswik's top climbing performance in a mountain train is better, but does Jumbo even need that with van Aert & Kuss in the team.

Big loss for Bora, but I think with Jungels they have decent back-up for next year. Plus the better TT and classic skills can help the team also in non-GT races.

With UAE buying every punchy-hilly-climby-guy in the peleton and Formolo's contract still not extended I was thinking if Formolo and Bora would be interested in renewing their connection. Besides big money Formolo really didn't had much chances to ride for a result for himself and that clearly would be changing at Bora. With Kelderman and Großschartner leaving there are some open spot in big races for Formolo he wasn't included with UAE.

Kelderman is in my eyes the perfect domestique for the duo captain Jonas/Roglic tactic. A guy that can make long pulls on mixed terrain relatively late into GT stages. kruijswik's top climbing performance in a mountain train is better, but does Jumbo even need that with van Aert & Kuss in the team.

Big loss for Bora, but I think with Jungels they have decent back-up for next year. Plus the better TT and classic skills can help the team also in non-GT races.

With UAE buying every punchy-hilly-climby-guy in the peleton and Formolo's contract still not extended I was thinking if Formolo and Bora would be interested in renewing their connection. Besides big money Formolo really didn't had much chances to ride for a result for himself and that clearly would be changing at Bora. With Kelderman and Großschartner leaving there are some open spot in big races for Formolo he wasn't included with UAE.

Formolo is staying at UAE

• Sad
The classic team gets even better with van Baarle now in... Will be hard to beat them in the spring now.

For the Tour de France team I wonder who one of them could replace?

Van Baarle for van Hooydonck?
Keldermann for Kruiswijk who was good this year, but gets older?
I wouldn't want to replace anyone from that team with Kelderman or Van Baarle honestly. Hooydonck was incredible, his tall and strong and kept Vingegaard out of the wind the entire race. You dont drop him.

I think the call should be to send Kelderman to Giro + Vuelta, and send the exact same team as this year, and only bring in those two guys if there are injuries or people like Benoot, Hooydonck or Kruijswijk underperforms. Of course, all that goes out the window if Roglic decides to focus primarily on the Giro.

I guess Mirre Knaven will be one of the next signings for AG NXTG U23.

Colin has to be the least french sounding name that a frenchman could have. Maybe his parents really liked Colin Firth as I think Love Actually and Bridget Jones Diary came out about then.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS