• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If one Matyas or Tomas join Quickstep im the future and Julia graduates to the elite team of AG NXTG, then technically they could be in the same team.

The relationship between the teams is not close enough to regard their riders as being in the same team.

If Matyas joins Quickstep, I'm pretty sure he'll be the first rider with (type 1) diabetes on a WorldTeam.

i guess none of the former and later WT riders from the Type 1 days were actually diabetic.
Peter Kusztor had been a CT rider for 13 years before he was diagnosed, but wasn't on a WT team and was probably not suffering from it for that long before the diagnosis either.

Edit: Javier Mejías was diagnosed at 15 and rode for Fuji-Servetto in 2009.

i guess none of the former and later WT riders from the Type 1 days were actually diabetic.
Peter Kusztor had been a CT rider for 13 years before he was diagnosed, but wasn't on a WT team and was probably not suffering from it for that long before the diagnosis either.

Edit: Javier Mejías was diagnosed at 15 and rode for Fuji-Servetto in 2009.
From what I remember in the little season guide one used to get with the Jan/Feb uk edition of Procycling magazine, it said the team had only a handful of Type 1 riders but changing to Novo Nordisk meant they would only have Type 1 riders.

When you look at the whole post, also referencing Dunbar, it is clear to me that they meant GT as in being selected to ride a 3 week race not GC as in riding to go for an overall classification high finish.

It's absolutely about riding A GT. Dunbar rode the Giro 2018 in his first year and performed well. He then missed 11 consecutive GT,s Amador is also leaving Ineos after no GTs in the last two years.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's absolutely about riding A GT. Dunbar rode the Giro 2018 in his first year and performed well. He then missed 11 consecutive GT,s Amador is also leaving Ineos after no GTs in the last two years.
Always felt Dunbar has been very hard done by at Ineos as in limited opportunities to ride for himself he has picked up some decent results and in a Giro/Vuelta could be a medium mountains domestique and breakaway stage win contender.

Back in 2019 Dunbar actually worked a lot for Sivakov in the mountains, I agree that it was a bit harsh, but also bad luck.
Last year he was supposed to ride the Vuelta before getting covid, in 2020 he crashed out of Tirreno-Adriatico and broke some bones, that made him miss the 2020 Giro. That year he was really good, 4th in Emilia ahead of Bagioli and Fuglsang.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS