• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 189 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, Adam Yates is a good rider, no doubt about that.
Thing is, he is already 30 and he'll be like 4th in the food-chain. Not good enough to be a co-leader for the Tour, not good/proven enough to be a high-end mountain domestique.

Really strange signing (if it happens).
But then again, it's UAE where the strange is actually normal.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Yates would be a super good signing for UAE. Him and Majka would be a very strong line-up around Pogacar. Plus Yates would be a fantastic together with Pogacar in hilly one day races.

They still need 1 or 2 ''M.Bjerg'' types for the flats. But I'm sure they are still looking. Can't really see any names out of contract. But I'm sure UAE can buy riders out of contract as well.

But just because UAE need a rouleur that doesn't make Yates a bad signing.
No need for Yates, they've already got:

Pogacar
Ayuso
Almeida
Soler
Majka
Bennett
McNulty
Formolo

Too much of a good thing... As said earlier, if money is burning a hole in their pockets they should have chased guys like Durbridge, Van Baarle or even tried stopping Cam Meyer from retiring.

Re: A. Yates. Milano-Torino and Emilia are uphill finishes, which are rare. Plenty of climbers do well in them without being "fantastic" one-day riders. He's a GC rider for one-week races and can get a 4th to 10th place in a GT. His one-day results are pretty much similar to every other rider with that profile.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Re: A. Yates. Milano-Torino and Emilia are uphill finishes, which are rare. Plenty of climbers do well in them without being "fantastic" one-day riders. He's a GC rider for one-week races and can get a 4th to 10th place in a GT. His one-day results are pretty much similar to every other rider with that profile.
Pozzovivo always got decent results in the Italian fall classics during his CSF & AG2R years. Certainly not because he's got a superb sprint or his great capabilities as a classics contender.

No matter how you spin it A.Yates will be very useful in suitable one day races - Someone who consistently makes the final selection is helpful, especially when you have Pogacar on your team - I'll also add that hes finished 4th in LBL and 2nd and 4th in Montreal.

Sport Vlaanderen - Baloise : https://www.directvelo.com/actualit...deren-baloise-tout-commence-par-les-resultats
Reynders to Israel
Weemaes to Human Powered Health
Van Rooy & Mertens to Bingoal
Herregodts & Marit : Intermarché

Incoming :
Vincent Van hemelen, Noah Vandenbranden, Elias Maris, Vince Gerits, Toon Clynhens

2 places between 4 riders Arno Claeys, Warre Vangheluwe (Home Solution-Soenens), Yentl Vandevelde (Minerva CT) & Mauro Verwilt (Team Metalced)

2 places between 4 riders Arno Claeys, Warre Vangheluwe (Home Solution-Soenens), Yentl Vandevelde (Minerva CT) & Mauro Verwilt (Team Metalced)
Until this morning, I had never come across the name Yentl outside of a Barbara Streisand film.
I watched yesterday's Polderscross this morning (had to find something to watch during the funeral), in which Yentl Bekaert was prominent for half a lap, and now I hear of this guy. So I go from none in about 40 years to 2 in a few hours.

Pöstlberger is a solid asset to have on your spring classics team. No idea how much Stybar still has left in the tank.
this season Stybar struggled a lot to get back on track after sickness and so on, but he still came 7th in the World Championships last year. In BikeExchange's position with hardly any riders for the spring classics anyway, I'd give it a shot as well.

In a surprise move Ben Hermans signs with Belgian Conti squad Tarteletto-Isorex.

This real? Don't see anything about it?
Did he not get a single offer from a decent team because of his covid struggles (combined with age). What a sad end for him on the top level after his top 2021.

EDIT: ffs stop trolling, completely different Ben Hermans ofcourse. The "real" one still has a contract with Israel.

Last edited:
Did he not get a single offer from a decent team because of his covid struggles (combined with age). What a sad end for him on the top level after his top 2021.

EDIT: ffs stop trolling, completely different Ben Hermans ofcourse. The "real" one still has a contract with Israel.
Damn, Ben Hermans might just be a bit jealous of Ben Hermans the way things are going.

It’s not trolling when it’s technically true.

According to Gazzeta, Gaviria will leave UAE and is likely to join Movistar next season.

It does make sense, Gaviria isn't that great but he is still useful. He's been averaging more than 400 UCI-points over the last 3 seasons which have all been way below his earlier seasons, so he would be an important point chaser for Movistar for the next period of relegation battle.

With Movistar building the team for TdF and Vuelta around Mas it should be space for Gaviria and some support for him in the Giro team.

TRENDING THREADS