• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 195 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That'd be pointless. First of all PCS only mentions length of contracts, not when they were signed, and secondly, just the length of a contract would become irrelevant due to the option of being able to legally cancel the contract in an event of relegation, which is what was being discussed.

And my point was that he signed the contract at a time when it would have been quite strange to sign a contract with the team, if he intended to leave in case of relegation.

Reactions: Sandisfan
You've been grinding your teeth for years now when people said they believed a certain rider could do well or even win a GT, and now here you are claiming Arensman can win a GT because of his determination, and Pidcock because he's talented. Both combined not having 1/4th of the palmares of the rider who shall not be named. Faut le faire.

If Pidcock is in fact in need of a mental break because he's been mentally drained after a season where he has been able to ride with little pressure all year, i have to wonder if he has what it takes from that perspective to fight for a classification over 3 weeks in the most stressful or races.

I have been grinding my teeth ? ...what does that even mean in English. I havent ground anything ..I said what I said ..which was mostly about fans like you .

I think both Arensman and Pidcok can win GTs. What has that go to do with Evenepol ....unless the mere metion of another rider being sucessful causes you some sort of pain

BTW Pidcock has been training for olympics MTB , followed by 2 differnt worlds championships in MTB and cycle cross (and Europena champs) as well as riding hsi first Tour and wining on Apl d'Huez ..all in one year ..of course he is tired ...Have you any idea how ridiculous you sound on Pidcock

I have been grinding my teeth ? ...what does that even mean in English. I havent ground anything ..I said what I said ..which was mostly about fans like you .

I think both Arensman and Pidcok can win GTs. What has that go to do with Evenepol ....unless the mere metion of another rider being sucessful causes you some sort of pain

BTW Pidcock has been training for olympics MTB , followed by 2 differnt worlds championships in MTB and cycle cross (and Europena champs) as well as riding hsi first Tour and wining on Apl d'Huez ..all in one year ..of course he is tired ...Have you any idea how ridiculous you sound on Pidcock
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=grinding+teeth

If it was about fans like me then it applies to you yourself as well. I don't think i sound nearly as ridiculous on Pidcock as you have done time and again on Evenepoel, which was kind of the point. Out of nowhere you assume 2 riders to be able to win GT's, but every time someone mentioned Evenepoel as a potential contender in the past, you reacted irritated and with disdain. To be clear, i have no problem with people thinking a rider has a certain potential, based on whatever argument (even if i don't agree with it), but i do have a problem if that comes from a guy (or girl) who thinks he needs to shut up others when they do that very same thing (regardless of the fact that their arguments might be a lot better) with another rider.

If it was about fans like me then it applies to you yourself as well. I don't think i sound nearly as ridiculous on Pidcock as you have done time and again on Evenepoel, which was kind of the point. Out of nowhere you assume 2 riders to be able to win GT's, but every time someone mentioned Evenepoel as a potential contender in the past, you reacted irritated and with disdain. To be clear, i have no problem with people thinking a rider has a certain potential, based on whatever argument (even if i don't agree with it), but i do have a problem if that comes from a guy (or girl) who thinks he needs to shut up others when they do that very same thing (regardless of the fact that their arguments might be a lot better) with another rider.

FFS I have never tried to shut up anyone up (just made my points) nor have I said anything about Evenepol not being a very good rider but I guess you doint understrand debate .

Dont reply mate as I will mute you as you are throwing out personal attacks and sound vindictive .

Besides Miholjevic there's IMO one other guy from their developmental team Team Friuli that Bahrain should have turn pro. That's Nicolo Buratti, who won both the GP Poggiana and the GP Capodarco against a good, international field. A strong punchy rider with a good sprint, but his climbing is also not bad. In the Giro del Friuli he finished 3rd on the Zoncolan from Sutrio MTF (minus the super steep final 3kms), about 30sec slower than the pros last year. One day later he won the final stage of the race with a late attack, surprising the sprinters.

The guy has potential as a one day racer and a stagehunter, maybe there's even some untapped potential as a stage racer. IMO really the only other rider on their developmental team that should turn pro right now.

Norwegian Tv2 (usually very well informed) report Carl Fredrik Hagen has signed with Doug Ryder’s Swiss project.

To add to that...

Hagen is a bit weird tho. I know Israel isn't going to be WT anymore but I'm pretty sure they will still be better than a new project with only 18 riders.

Hagen is a bit weird tho. I know Israel isn't going to be WT anymore but I'm pretty sure they will still be better than a new project with only 18 riders.
I guess Israel is not that keen on keeping him, which does make sense as his season hasn't been that good. Especially the Vuelta crash ruined a lot for him. The whole spell in Israel been ruined by injuries more or less. It's probably good for Israel to get younger riders to build a new team.

It does surprise me that a Swiss-Italian Douglas Ryder-team is more attractive for Hagen than Uno-X, so I'll just assume that Uno-X doesn't really want him.

Some women's transfers from the last few weeks that haven't been reported in this thread yet:

Ilaria Sanguineti, who has been a key member of the Valcar leadout train, will join Trek and be reunited with Balsamo. That could be a great signing for them.

Silvia Persico and Davide Arzeni will continue their working relationship at UAE ADQ, who has also signed Mikayla Harvey.

Mont Ventoux Challenge revelation Kim Cadzow will join Jumbo-Visma.

Part time dancer Alison Jackson leaves Liv Racing for EF-TIBCO-SVB.

Liv has signed Caroline Andersson from Coop-Hitec, who was in the early breakaway during the WC RR.

FFS I have never tried to shut up anyone up (just made my points) nor have I said anything about Evenepol not being a very good rider but I guess you doint understrand debate .

Dont reply mate as I will mute you as you are throwing out personal attacks and sound vindictive .
Feel free to mute me dude, i don't give a flying fck. It's not about being vindictive, it's about being an annoying hypocrite. But i do hope you are aware your posting history is public for all to see. My point is that you have been accusing people of hyping Evenepoel who "has not proven anything" but have been doing that very same with Pidcock, now making predictions of him and Arensman (now conveniently going to Ineos) being future GT winners. To be clear, i have nothing against Pidcock or people hyping him. I do have an issue when the guy doing the hyping is the guy blaming others for hyping a rider who has proven himself tenfold. The common logic throughout your posts is that Evenepoel has to prove himself, but Pidcock is the best thing since sliced bread without having shown jack sht.
Your post history is filled with gems like: "He is an amasing talent and he will win this race yet ... What is more he will beat the over hyped Evenepol in races like this is in the future". Clearly your own rules do not apply here. Already claiming Pidcock will win something, which according to you is a mortal sin when people do the same with Evenepoel. Especially since this also comes out of your mouth: "Sure he is talented but you guys have him wining everything before a pedal is pushed and cycling is not like this." Because that's only reserved for claiming future wins of Pidcock, as shown above. I'm amazed you get to write this stuff down without laughing yourself into a coma: "and Tom Pidcock is super talented ...wins on Alp d Heuz on his Tour debut..amasing performance ... and all the while cycle cross and MTB world champion and still training for those disciplines ... man if he just puts his mind to it GT wins are definitely on the cards ... For me Remco as favourite is still more of the same old same old on here ...when he finishes a GT then maybe I will join the hype train". That's all from the same post. A guy winning a stage from a break while being a non-factor in GC can win GT's but a guy with a dozen 1 week GC wins (at the time), a monument, TT medals... he has to show something first.

There's plenty more fun to be had by going through those posts, but i've made my point.

Last edited:
Ineos is letting Rodriguez go to Movistar in 2024? They're looking for GT contenders but they let him go? Does anybody know if he doesn't want to stay, or if Ineos doesn't believe he has what it takes? He's only 21 and has shown a lot of progression the past 12 months. I'm not sure going to Movistar is the best move for him.

All I saw is that MS are "interested" in signing him when his contract's up at the end of next year. Of course as the lone Spanish WT team they would be interested.
Depending on how/if Rodriguez progresses as a real GC contender next year, it could be a great move, or a terrible one. I still think he's a rider who is going to benefit from a slower progression than, say, Pogacar or even Remco Merckx.

I didn't necessarily see a huge jump from Rodriguez as his injury in the Vuelta was a bit of a "what if"

Ineos is letting Rodriguez go to Movistar in 2024? They're looking for GT contenders but they let him go? Does anybody know if he doesn't want to stay, or if Ineos doesn't believe he has what it takes? He's only 21 and has shown a lot of progression the past 12 months. I'm not sure going to Movistar is the best move for him.
If I am correct Carlos Rodriguez is end of contract by then. "Letting go" means not throwing enough money towards him to convince him to stay? Unless Movistar puts seriously more money into the team, they can never match an Ineos bid. Maybe CR wants to be the sole leader, instead of one of the captains at Ineos?

Like that rumour. I'm not a very big fan of UAE and Ineos signing a huge portion of the biggest talents, so I hope that someone will be leaving them and finding new teams when the opportunity arises. Rodriguez to Movistar and Hirschi to a good classics team would be preferred transfers before the 2024 season.

TRENDING THREADS