• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 198 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ineos have done nothing for women's cycling - This from the team with the biggest budget.

Is that still true? Because they certainly have been spending the money on new riders for the past two seasons. And their previous two biggest signings (Carapaz and Yates) are leaving already.

But yes. Very odd that they haven't set up a women's team. Could have done so for a fraction of their budget when they were at their height a few years ago.

Last edited:
Is that still true? Because they certainly have been spending the money on new riders for the past two seasons. And their previous two biggest signings (Carapaz and Yates) are leaving already.

But yes. Very odd that they haven't set up a women's team. Could have done so for a fraction of their budget when they were at their height a few years ago.
Could have done so almost for free when they first set up the team due to the Skyter Shipping debacle, but they didn't want Nicole Cooke to lead the project and then BC proved themselves to only care about Lizzie and she had no reason to leave Boels at the time.

Could have done so almost for free when they first set up the team due to the Skyter Shipping debacle, but they didn't want Nicole Cooke to lead the project and then BC proved themselves to only care about Lizzie and she had no reason to leave Boels at the time.
Cooke and Pooley could have led a ridiculously strong team, but when you're on the out with BC, forget it.

well its not when you read Nicoles or Lizzies books for the background,Team Sky were basically just BCs trade team, thats how they got themselves into such a muddle with all that not clear distinction and crossover of shared roles that led to BC coaches/doctors "assisting" Team Sky at the drop of a hat.

and the principles at BC had no interest in womens road cycling as a project, they were all about track cycling gold medals and a TdF win because thats all they knew and were focussed on, so they were happy to let the women ride and take the glory if they achieved against the odds and did well, but they werent going to do anything to try and setup a proper team support structure for them.

not entirely convinced that attitude has changed either, comes back to how hard are BC trying to sort out the domestic road racing calendar, not very it seems, and there still doesnt seem like a structured pathway for talented riders to progress into the womens pro road peloton, BC seem to spend alot of time trying to see if theyre any good at track cycling and not so much on helping them into road racing, or supporting them once they get there, if they want to pursue other goals away from a velodrome.

and Im not convinced this is going to be some brand new Ineos road team anyway, even if they are much less BC influenced now, I get Ineos might see sponsoring off road riders, maybe as a mini team like you see in CX alot, as a one off fits in with their vehicle promo stuff, maybe especially in US/Euro markets but Jim Ratcliffe doesnt strike me based on his other sporting investments that fussed about equality or womens sport in general.

Glad GVK found a decent team to ride the classics. He was quite good this year and is still able to ride for decent placings on lesser races.

Bingoal is changing at least half of their roster for 2023. Brandt announced 12 signings for 2023 (Seven of which have already been announced). Currently they have 14 riders confirmed for next year with the renewal of Mertz and Tizza.

Apart from the six riders with a confirmed transfer for next year, Timothy Dupont, Kenny Molly and the Wirtgen brothers will leave the team. I don't think Venner, Viviani and Tietema will be renewed, so that leaves only Lauk and Peyskens with a realistic chance to stay on the team and a further five recruitments to set up a roster of 20/21 riders.

Not a member. Any specific names? Someone like Vermeersch could really take off elsewhere, whereas every team should be on the front row for Corbin.

Not a member but I think I found a some sort of copy (with butchered English) on the internet by copy pasting the title of the article. Typical VeloNews article, not really anything new in it. Just them mentioning they had contact with 4 different teams that said agents of riders from both LTS and Israel have been asking around. Which isn't that surprising. Agents wouldn't be doing their jobs if they wouldn't explore all posibilities. But no names were given.

Article mentioned that one of the team bosses said that most teams are full or do not have a budget but there's some that aren't (I think we all know teams like Astana, Arkea or DSM are going to try seeing how many spots they still have open).

About Vermeersch. His individual trainer just got signed as the head of the performance cell at Lotto Soudal. So I doubt he leaves. Same with the other kids on the typical classic squat at Lotto Soudal as the vibes in it are incredibly good apparently. Don't think they're going to go their seperate ways. You never know tho.

Ewan on the other hand. I am like 99% sure he's going to get a (good) offer from Arkea now. They could offer him a lot of money and the possibility to take his train with him.

TRENDING THREADS