• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not a member but I think I found a some sort of copy (with butchered English) on the internet by copy pasting the title of the article. Typical VeloNews article, not really anything new in it. Just them mentioning they had contact with 4 different teams that said agents of riders from both LTS and Israel have been asking around. Which isn't that surprising. Agents wouldn't be doing their jobs if they wouldn't explore all posibilities. But no names were given.

Article mentioned that one of the team bosses said that most teams are full or do not have a budget but there's some that aren't (I think we all know teams like Astana, Arkea or DSM are going to try seeing how many spots they still have open).

About Vermeersch. His individual trainer just got signed as the head of the performance cell at Lotto Soudal. So I doubt he leaves. Same with the other kids on the typical classic squat at Lotto Soudal as the vibes in it are incredibly good apparently. Don't think they're going to go their seperate ways. You never know tho.

Ewan on the other hand. I am like 99% sure he's going to get a (good) offer from Arkea now. They could offer him a lot of money and the possibility to take his train with him.
Lol for Guarnieri who just signed up... might be lead out for De Lie then...

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
So Neve Bradbury has re-signed with with Canyon Sram while earlier Alena Amialusik joined Mikalya Harvey at UAE ADQ. That leaves just Maud Oudeman as the only one to not yet confirmed with anyone. In previous years though, the zwift academy riders have been confirmed quite late at the end of their first season (Bradbury and Harris). I'd guess Oudeman and Bauernfeind would complete the team.

How many times do you have to be remembered that Ewan has stated multiple times that he won't leave, even if the Team relegates...

He stated that in July ffs. He hasn't opened his mouth since then. A lot can change. You think it would be the first time someone says something and goes on to do the opposite? Obviously he's not going to say "yes, I'm going to leave if we relegate" in July when he's mid Tour and still has a lot of races to go. That would be incredibly dumb.

Again I'm not saying he's leaving. I'm just saying that he will definitely get some offer from some other teams and that I'm not going to be shocked if he actually takes it.

He stated that in July ffs. He hasn't opened his mouth since then. A lot can change. You think it would be the first time someone says something and goes on to the the opposite?
Honestly, Lotto has shown confidence in him these past few difficult months. Toughened up his lead-out and repeatedly praised his work ethic and loyalty. It would be foolish to leave right now. He'll be their #1 man for atleast another year.

Not a member. Any specific names? Someone like Vermeersch could really take off elsewhere, whereas every team should be on the front row for Corbin.
there are no names mentioned in the article.

As said before, when using Firefox you can read the full article by hitting F9 btw. Other browsers probably have a similar text-only option as well.

Not a member but I think I found a some sort of copy (with butchered English) on the internet by copy pasting the title of the article. Typical VeloNews article, not really anything new in it. Just them mentioning they had contact with 4 different teams that said agents of riders from both LTS and Israel have been asking around. Which isn't that surprising. Agents wouldn't be doing their jobs if they wouldn't explore all posibilities. But no names were given.

Article mentioned that one of the team bosses said that most teams are full or do not have a budget but there's some that aren't (I think we all know teams like Astana, Arkea or DSM are going to try seeing how many spots they still have open).

About Vermeersch. His individual trainer just got signed as the head of the performance cell at Lotto Soudal. So I doubt he leaves. Same with the other kids on the typical classic squat at Lotto Soudal as the vibes in it are incredibly good apparently. Don't think they're going to go their seperate ways. You never know tho.

Ewan on the other hand. I am like 99% sure he's going to get a (good) offer from Arkea now. They could offer him a lot of money and the possibility to take his train with him.

Now you are speculating that Ewan will leave ,yet you criticise for me for suggesting he may leave/or be asked to leave at the end of 2023 - My suggestion was based on IF Ewan does not win a GT stage in 2023 then would Lotto want him on a Pro team.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Now you are speculating that Ewan will leave ,yet you criticise for me for suggesting he may leave/or be asked to leave at the end of 2023 - My suggestion was based on IF Ewan does not win a GT stage in 2023 then would Lotto want him on a Pro team.

You still don't get it do you? I never said he wasn't going to leave. I said he either leaves at the end of this year (by breaking his contract legally because of the no WT license clause) or he leaves at the end of his contract (end of 2024). You keep saying he's going to leave at the end of 2023. Ewan can't just break his contract without compensation at the end of 2023. That clause wouln't help him anymore. And a team can definitely not just ask a rider to leave when he has a contract.

The only way this technically could happen is if Ewan and Lotto agree to renegotiate a contract (so break the existing one). And I really don't see that happening as it's pretty complicated and risky timingwise.

well its not when you read Nicoles or Lizzies books for the background,Team Sky were basically just BCs trade team, thats how they got themselves into such a muddle with all that not clear distinction and crossover of shared roles that led to BC coaches/doctors "assisting" Team Sky at the drop of a hat.

and the principles at BC had no interest in womens road cycling as a project, they were all about track cycling gold medals and a TdF win because thats all they knew and were focussed on, so they were happy to let the women ride and take the glory if they achieved against the odds and did well, but they werent going to do anything to try and setup a proper team support structure for them.

not entirely convinced that attitude has changed either, comes back to how hard are BC trying to sort out the domestic road racing calendar, not very it seems, and there still doesnt seem like a structured pathway for talented riders to progress into the womens pro road peloton, BC seem to spend alot of time trying to see if theyre any good at track cycling and not so much on helping them into road racing, or supporting them once they get there, if they want to pursue other goals away from a velodrome.

and Im not convinced this is going to be some brand new Ineos road team anyway, even if they are much less BC influenced now, I get Ineos might see sponsoring off road riders, maybe as a mini team like you see in CX alot, as a one off fits in with their vehicle promo stuff, maybe especially in US/Euro markets but Jim Ratcliffe doesnt strike me based on his other sporting investments that fussed about equality or womens sport in general.
BC's treatment of Cook and others was shabby to say the least, and no doubt some of that culture existed in Sky's early years, but no one else was setting up women's teams then either. I was thinking more of 4-5 years ago when half the WT peleton did, as the TV coverage made it more attractive. Thought it was a missed opportunity at the time, and there could be reasons such as the change of ownership/staff/Braisford's health. Or as you're suggesting, they just see it as an unnecessary distraction.
Saying that, I don't think it would surprise anyone if they try to nab Zoe Backstedt in the next two years.

You still don't get it do you? I never said he wasn't going to leave. I said he either leaves at the end of this year (by breaking his contract legally because of the no WT license clause) or he leaves at the end of his contract (end of 2024). You keep saying he's going to leave at the end of 2023. Ewan can't just break his contract without compensation at the end of 2023. That clause wouln't help him anymore. And a team can definitely not just ask a rider to leave when he has a contract.

The only way this technically could happen is if Ewan and Lotto agree to renegotiate a contract (so break the existing one). And I really don't see that happening as it's pretty complicated and risky timingwise.

You don't get it - I am stating that Lotto may ask Ewan to move on or seek other opportunities at the end of 2023 if his season does not go well - Lotto will not ask for compensation if they want him off the books.

How do you think Groenewegen got to BEX this year ?

You don't get it - I am stating that Lotto may ask Ewan to move on or seek other opportunities at the end of 2023 if his season does not go well - Lotto will not ask for compensation if they want him off the books.

How do you think Groenewegen got to BEX this year ?

If Ewan has another bad year his worth would be 5 times lower than when he signed his latest contract. There is just no way Ewan would throw away all that money by going to another team where he would not earn close to what he's earning now. Technically it's not impossible, but the chances that something like that happens are really slim.

Also you always talked about Ewan leaving before or '"being on another team by 2024", not specifically about Lotto wanting him gone. This is the first team you specifically mentions that. Well you did say that Lotto would not give him full support next year which was also ridiculous.

Arvid de Kleijn from Human Health to Tudor

Will join Tudor as well Rick Pluimers, Arthur Kluckers, Luc Wirtgen

TRENDING THREADS